CSI: NY

Life Sentence

Aired Friday 9:00 PM May 06, 2011 on CBS

• 7x21

at the time I started watching this episode, it had a "9.6" according to fans so I thought it was going to be incredibly good however, I have to say that I did not find this episode as good as these grades suggest, first of all, I know everybody loved the shooting at the beggining scene, but in my opinion, it was weak, I don´t know, maybe I felt it in that way just because we saw something very similar in season 6 beginning.

this episode have that older seasons feeling but mixed with the new csi ny style, so it can be an exellent combination for many viewers but for me, it did not work, however, this episode had very intriging momments,specially the ending scene wich in my opinion saves the entire episode for a fair score P.D: I´m from venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in english, please forgive my mistakes
  • WOW! SPOILER ALERT...DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT INFORMATION ON WHAT HAPPENED. Mac & his ex-partner shot at in Mac's office in the first minute of the show!

Talk about excitement! The first moment of the show was dramatic with the window being shot out of Mac's office with an AK47 from a building across from Mac's office and several people were injured, including Mac's old partner/training officer (Bill Hunt) who beat up the suspect (Raymond Harris) in last week's episode that led up to this one. Last week he stole Mac's wallet and this week tries to kill him & Bill Hunt. The CSI's process the scene and the weapon that Mac & Flack found from the shooting site. When they go to arrest Harris at his old apartment they kill the occupant after he fires on them first. While Flack is reading a file and walking with his head down, Harris walks up to him in the police station and tells him "I want to file a harassment complaint, someone is trying to kill me." Flack looks shocked to be standing nose-to-nose with the suspect! Internal Affairs is called to look into the shooting at the apartment...so now Danny and Mac are in trouble. Ultimately though it is declared a clean shoot so they are off the hook. The dead man was wanted for home invasion, which is why he fired on the cops. Harris gives Flack his statement on how Hunt is harassing him and when Flack asks him what he's after Hunt stares at Mac (who just walked in) and says "Justice". Sheldon finds some rounds in the wall at the apartment while processing the crime scene. Meanwhile, Harris tells Mac he wants him to be looking over his shoulder like he did for 17 years and when Mac asks him what he thinks he did Harris says "you're the detective, figure it out". Jo & Lindsey decide to talk to Harris' ex-cellmates. Mac returns to his office and sees just how destroyed it is. Jo comes in and the review the case from 17-yrs ago and find out that the blood on the bag of money has a strange blood stains. Mac goes to Bill Hunt's apartment and when Hunt opens the door Mac cold-cocks him in the face! Mac says "I know what you did." Hunt stole money from the bag that Mac inventoried 17-yrs ago. Hunt gets up and tells him if he ever hits him again he'll kill him. Mac counted $200,000 but there was supposed to be more. The statute of limitations for grand larceny is 5 years so Hunt cannot be prosecuted for stealing the money. Mac is called to the scene of a dead body that was starved to death. Lucius Woods was the boss of Harris back 17 yrs ago. Harris lost the woman he loved and had planned to marry...Lucius Woods killed Miranda because he mistakenly thought she had the money that was missing. The money that Bill Hunt actually took. Harris is out to avenge the death of his girlfriend. While the cops are supposed to be staking out Harris he gives them the slip. Mac takes Harris to the precinct for the killing of Miranda. He realized that the ring Harris wears it the cause of the imprint in the wood that Lindsay found. While on the way to the precinct to turn in Hunt a car T-bones Mac's SUV...it is Harris of course. He shoots Hunt dead but misses Mac. Mac shoots Harris in the shoulder. Flack has a APB out on Mac's SUV. Mac is down to 3 rounds. He tells Harris he knows what happened to Miranda. Mac ends up shooting him dead when he draws on him. Bill is still alive when Mac gets back to the SUV but he dies at the scene seconds later. All and all, this was one of the best episodes of this show. With all the twists and turns it keeps you guessing. I love this show!
  • Life Sentence

I felt like I was experiencing deja vu. There were glass windows and the entire CSI crew was being shot at. This definitely brought me back to the season six premiere of the show where there was a similar situation only in the restaurant they were all in.

I had been asking for a more aggressive Mac Taylor and that is what we got here tonight. From a punch being thrown to a lengthy shootout, he did not back down here en route to finding the truth. Definitely a refreshing change of pace from the new era of leads in cop shows that tend to wuss out more often than not, such as Patrick Jane and Richard Castle.

This was a solid enough CSI: NY to get us excited for what I hope is purely the season, and not the series, finale next week.