CSI: NY

Like Water for Murder

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 16, 2008 on CBS

• Overrated

It is really painful to watch this episode, because it reminds me of how CSI: crime scene investigation has fallen from my favourite show to something I am just desperate to avoid. Like water for murder is exactly what CSI is like now - really slow movements, disastrously slow pace, clumsy relationships (father and son? flirty ex-coworker? get involved with coworkers? Am I even watching a crime show?), unorganized plot, unmethodical murder (ya, blame it on a psychopath). The whole one hour is just sluggish repetitions of 3 steps:
    - they have a lead,
    - they check it out,
    - it leads to nowhere (the 'message', the chocolate, real estate agent, tomb stone, taxi, the ads),
    plus these repetitions separated by boring relationship issues, which again lead to nowhere. These sadly are all I could summarize about this episode. One hour of my life is lost over such torturous boredom. I would be so debastated if my beloved CSI:NY becomes another CSI. Do NOT let this happen!