Live or Let Die

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Mar 29, 2006 on CBS

• What happened to the other guy?

I know we're a little behind but thanks to Netflix, my wife and I are able to watch seasons 2, 3 and 4 (which seem very new to us!!). We just watched the Live or Let Die episode and something is not settling well with me. Did the writers forget about the other guy? Let me explain-

At the beginning of the episode, a helicopter arrives. There were TWO passengers on pilot and the kid that was taking the place of the real/other intern that wanted to go to the Knicks game. There are TWO culprits that approach the helicopter. FOUR people, right? continue in a nutshell.

The kid gets shot, placed on the helicopter and eventually thrown from the pilot is knocked out, bound and guy (Culprit A) is apprehended with the actual liver in the trunk. That's THREE! Where is Culprit B?!

We watched the episode TWICE to see if we missed something. Does anyone know what happened to the other guy? . I noticed these posts are from 2006-2010. I hope someone will read my post and offer their thoughts on my dilemma. I'm the kinda guy that won't rest until I reach a plausible explanation. Thanks in advance!! ~ George III
  • THis was a really good episode. It had a lot of great scenes and two great cases. The cases had a lot of turns, and they also had a lot of interesting bits involved with them. Spoilers- beware.

I have to say, the hospital hijackers were hilarious. I mean really, who packs in their crotch. And then we see them basically hijacking the plane and stealing a donor organ. I love how they completely snuck in to the hospital. I used to feel safe in the hospital. Now I'm not so sure. THE CASES:
    It was so sad to see the intern tossed out. He was just there to deliver the organ and he gets killed because a doctor couldn't wait for his wife to get the organ. I mean seriously. When do people stop being stupid? The answer: never. Did the good doctor really think that he would get away with it? It's obvious he wouldn't. It's sad to think that what caused him to die was the turning away, it led to internal bleeding cause of death. What if he hadn’t turned away? Would he have survived? It was crazy to think that there was the original kid, who was supposed to be there, Ryan Elliot, and the other kid wasn't. I love it when these shows do that to us. It's so great.

Then there was the case with the phone calls from the chick and no one remembers her. That was an insane case. What makes it crazier was that it was none of them. It ended up being the Pratt, the rapist from Aiden's case. OOOoooooooo. SH**'s gonna go down. I liked how the second case moved backward a little bit, since we start off with the suspect they have and then they show us processing the crime scene. I like the originality of that. I loved the bit where we see her purse filled with business cards. I mean from right there, we see this case is going to be a bit different. It was crazy to think that she called all those guys but none called back. She called guys sexually, and for no reason. That sort of thing made me wonder what is going on. It's the kindof thing we would hope to see her not dead so we could find out "WHY?" I loved how most of the guys wished she kept calling. "My cat's in your garden." I felt so bad for the one guy Dwayne. He sounded so cute when he recalled the phone calls. The poor guy. Then we find out none of them recalled the hostess. Craazy. What I want to know is "why didn’t she want anyone to see her? Why did she make him close his eyes?" When we found out how she got the cards I so knew she stole the cards from the fishbowl contest.
    I loved how when they discover who did it, and Stella goes to Mac, Mac gets very upset. He clearly still kindly considers Aiden and thinks of her as he used to. He doesn't hold any anger towards her. I love that he made true to hold to his promise about getting Pratt.

Then there was the bit with the fisherman. He was absolutely brilliant. I loved him teaching Mac how to fish the bullet out of the grate. And I loved Danny asking him how much he made. Then when the guy responded, Danny said get outta here. It's true though, you wouldn't expect them to make that much fishing coins out of grates.

There was also the scene with the girl in jail and Flack. That scene was too funny for words. It was amusing to see Flack tell her "would these eyes lie?" after she flirted with him and he ignored her. No Flack, they wouldn't. He's too funny.

Third favorite scene had to be with the phone sex conversation with Danny. I love that scene- it definitely has to be one of my most favorite scenes ever.

THis was a really good episode. It had a lot of great scenes and two great cases. The cases had a lot of turns, and they also had a lot of interesting bits involved with them. I love it when there is something interesting in the cases.
  • Excellent Script...

I really loved both of these cases. First we have Lillian Stanwyck who seems to be obsessed with phone sex with absolute strangers. Those strangers get realed in & hooked on her calls but she ends up raped and dead. I loved how Linds & Stella have to worked through all of the possible suspects only to determine her death was at someone they already know, DJ Pratt. Now the case of the stolen organ, can be right out of today headlines, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed watching the story play out. It sends the message about organ donation. But it also sends the message that no one should be allowed to play God in determining who gets the organs or who doesn't. I really liked how the team pieced together the suspects and determined the doctor's involvement. The final scene with Mac & the doctor blew me away.
  • In this episode a donar heart goes missing from a helicopter and it's the csi team that needs to track down the heart in time for it to be used in a heart transplant and to also find the killer.

This episode is exactly why i watch this fantastic tv program!!! The music is fantastic in this episode and helps to build up the tension while the producers put a montage of sequened actions in the background. This is especialy true in the part where Danny is examining the piece of duck tape that was used to tie up the pilot and mac is writing down all the links and findings in the case on the clear screen boards, this enables us to see the process they go through to analyse the evidence while entertaining us at the same time. They used exactly the right song, Bloc party and \"banquet\" because its fast, relevant and will help keep the audiences attention.Another classic episode of CSI:New York that once again keeps me pinned to the tv!!!!
  • Oh dear, someone's missing a liver.

So, two guys hijacked a helicopter and pushes a guy off the helicopter. They stole a liver and now it's up to the CSI team to find it back.

In a seperate case, a girl was found dead. Belive to be raped before she died. It seems that this girl calls random men by collecting their business cards. And she's suprisingly good in seducing them over the phone. Something bout "your cat is in my garden". Weird

In the end, the girl was murdered by a guy. A guy who is well-known among all the CSI's. The guy who caused one of the CSI's to lose their job. It's DJ Pratt. And he's back.
  • Do or Die time as it should be called!

It is a race against time to help a patient
    Who needs a liver like really asap or if she
    Doesn't get the liver, she will die as the plane
    Is hijacked. The plane has her liver and I just loved
    The case of the plot and the fast-pace writing and acting
    Again great job for Sinise and company!
  • Above average An average episode of CSI:NY, that was only saved by the plot twist at the end of the episode.

An average episode of CSI:NY, that was only saved by the plot twist at the end of the episode, which caught me off guard and forced me to paid better attention to the episode. Which brought the episode back up, but it wasn’t enough to make this episode a stand out episode.
    The recent series of CSI:NY episode have been sadly of late, average, which plots that were at best forgettable with no real impact on my mind. I don’t know if this is because I have been watching a good majority of crime dramas or the fact that the writers of these shows have to split their time between three shows that are all basically about the same thing.
    While the primary A case in this episode, the one that was about the Mac and the rest of the team chase after a stolen liver, was a decent case that touched a nerve with Mac. A slight, but very telling monument with his character, when he in the integration room with the surgeon, that he doesn’t take to well with people that messed with their families, especially their spouses. This is great to see that even a veteran crime solver, which Mac is, can still have cases that will strike a nerve with them, and it shows that while they do try to kept their emotions in check most of them, there are sometimes that they can’t, in doing this shows that they in fact human, with all of the emotional baggage that comes with that fact.
    The secondly case, the one that made this episode one of the better ones of late, that deals with a Stella and Lindsay investigate the murder and rape of a 22-year-old hostess whom had phone sex with numerous of powerful men, is a little better. Even that case started out slow and forgettable, but toward the episode where we find out that it was the serial rapist, D.J. Pratt, that had killed the 22-year old hostess. That when the case and this episode of CSI:NY stood out and caught my attention to it. For, I wanted them to caught this guy and make Aiden's sacrificed of her job not in vain, but at lass they didn’t get the guy in this episode. I think this was done on purpose to make this guy the thorn in the side of this series of CSI, much like they did with Paul Millander and the Blue Paint Killer, for the original CSI, and Walter Dresden CSI:Miami. I am watching with bated breathe to see what is store for this guy.
  • Good episode but not great

You knew the doctor had something to do with it. The doctor was a little too worried about the missing organ. The girl in prison hitting on the cop was great. He is gorgeous! Mac and Stella going after the rapist again is going to be great. I guessed I missed the first episode about this rapist guy because I don't know who he is.
  • A medical helicopter is hijacked for the organ inside and the death of a girl is believed to be caused by an old foe of the CSI team.

Awesome! Nice plots here, I always love a good helicopter scene, though, due to my E.R. background, by the end I was cheering for the writers to drop a helicopter on the annoying doctor.
    I also like that Flack is getting a bit more screen time. By the way, that criminal was right, he does have amazing eyes...so blue...where was I? Right, more Flack = good episode.
    So, they're bringing back the rapist from the beginning of the season. Do I smell a big season finale? I foresee an emotional roller-coaster for some of the characters as they struggle to catch the guy that ended the career of one of their fellow CSI's.