CSI: NY

Nothing For Something

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 29, 2011 on CBS

• SHOCKER: A body is found in a forest! And...Jets head coach Rex Ryan? And...Peter Fonda????

As the home stretch begins, we get "Nothing For Something", an episode just like any other CSI: NY episode with a few notable exceptions. The episode starts off pretty good; while investigating a body found in a forest, Jo tells Mac to scram and take it easy for the rest of the day. The scene is perfectly odd and awkward; Mac is clearly flustered and it is quite amusing. He finally succumbs and Flack gives him a ride to his favorite diner. On the way there he meets...Jets head coach Rex Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum (?) for a cute, but painfully obvious stunt scene. I understand that CSI: NY has had a good number of guest stars over the years, but Rex Ryan getting out of a taxi and saying, "May I introduce you to the Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum..." is just...eh. I didn't like it. The episode does eventually get back on track and Peter Fonda makes for a good and meaningful guest star. It will be interesting to see what the last few episodes bring to CSI: NY. Apparently the lab is getting attacked next week which brings back memories of a truly superior NY episode, "Snow Day". Will it be as good? No. But with these next two episodes of CSI: NY possibly being the last two ever, I will enjoy them to my full extent.
TNT