CSI: NY

Sangre Por Sangre

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 15, 2010 on CBS

• Another excellent episode.

I really believe that CSI: NY is becoming the best shows among the three CSIs. The only problem is that it has moved to Friday nights, which is a ratings graveyard for most shows. Still, this hasn't stop the writers from pulling out all the stops. In this episode, after a leader of a Spanish gang is killed in a hotel room, Mac tries to desparately stop a potential gang war in Spanish Harlem. Adding fuel to the fire is that one of the leaders of the gang, Luther, is a person Mac locked up 20 years ago, played brillantly by Edward James Olmos. This episode had lots of action and violence in it. The shootout scene with a pinned-down Flack and Lisa Brigosa was excellent as well as the hospital scene where Lisa holds the guard at gunpoint as Josephine is trying to reason with her. However, the end of the episode where Mac is shot and we find out that Luther is offing his leaders off one by one. The reasoning for him doing it is radical, but excellent. All in all, another excellent episode!
  • 7x04 !SPOILERS!

this was a very good and intense chapter, full of action and suspense, another proof that season seven is bringing back the old good CSI NY.

I didn´t like the idea of a gang war in the midlle of new york streets but I think they did a good job here turning a not very interesting plot into one of the most billiant chapters in the last times.

the only thing I didn´t like here was the final scene when Mac decided to confront Luther and his brother totally alone, it was very unreallistic, but in general this was a very interesting chapter.

P.D: I´m from venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in English, please forgive my mistakes
  • A fairly strong episode given more strength by it's fantastic final minutes. (Major Spoilers)

Over the years that I have been watching this show, I've often found that the Mac centered episodes tend to be the best. "Sangre Por Sangre" (translated Blood for Blood for those of you who don't know spanish!) features the heads of a spanish gang being knocked off. It turns out that the leader of the gang, brilliantly played by Edward James Olmos, is killing off his fellow gang members. His reasoning (that he didn't start the gang as a crime syndicate) is actually quite deep, and a very refreshing motive. The final few minutes where Gary Sinise, wounded and frightened, mistakenly drops Olmos (who has just saved Sinise's life) is truly a powerful moment. Moving to Fridays may spell "the end" for the NY team, but the quality of the show remains high!
TNT