CSI: NY

Second Chances

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Dec 16, 2009 on CBS

• Kim Kardashian and Vanessa Manillo gust star as two suspects in a murder investigation.

Ok, I must be honest right away, when I heard Kim Kardashian was guest starring I doomed this episode to fail. I still watched it however because I am a fan of the series. I thought maybe a 6/10 if they were lucky. Why did I assume this? Well Kardashian is not a good actress and her performance in this show just confirmed that fact. However, it was not her performance that really caught me off guard. I was sort of struck by the plot and how ruthless people can be at certain times. This inside look into the lives of homeless people really hit me. The way they showed these high class girls just using poor defenceless homeless men in order to get more money was sickening. I guess with the whole Christmas cheer going around recently it really just resonated with me how lucky I am. Kardashian did not do anything overly exciting, but still just the presence of her character and the story she was involved in was enough to damper anyone's holiday cheer.

I found the emotion was running high, which is something that has really been lacking in all three CSI franchises lately. With Christmas right around the corner it was a good idea to jack up the emotion and show people what Christmas spirit should really be about. I liked the addition of the homeless people and helping them only to kill them. What bothers me and probably most people that watched this was why didn't these girls just help them and let them live happy? I guess we will never know what drives some people. However the high powered emotions really helped draw attention away from the mediocre performance of Kardashian. Probably the best of episode of the season, and one of the best simple episodes in the CSI franchises I have seen for a while.