CSI: NY

Sleight Out of Hand

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 28, 2007 on CBS

• Luke Blade, an illusionist, is putting on a show. People are dying in the same way. The team investigates, while Lindsay testifies in Montana.

This was a great episode. One of the reasons I prefer CSI: NY is that they pretty consistently incorporate character development into the plot. They don't just trot out a gambling addiction to further the plot. Throughout the episode, we see Lindsay testifying in Montana. Through a series of flashbacks, we see the crime that has haunted her and kept her from acting on her feelings for Danny. This storyline has been developed through a number of episodes. We learn about Lindsay's past and it helps to explain some of her reactions. Additionally, we get to see how her absence is effecting Danny. He is working alot and exhausted to the point he is sniping at Stella and Mac and hallucinating about Lindsay in the lab. When Mac sends him home, he walks in and then back out, telling himself to trust his instincts. The next time we see him, he is in the courtroom where Lindsay is testifying. She sees him and smiles. Later, as the jury forewoman is reading the verdict, Lindsay takes Danny's hand. When the guilty verdict is read, Lindsay leans her head on Danny's shoulder. Then, they stand and hug. Then she stops him from walking out of the courtroom and leans in to kiss him. They are interrupted by the press. I relate this, because this is a storyline that has been developing since Montana first episode. It was well-done, even if the timeline is a bit screwed up. What is happening with the characters is just as important as the actual case for lot of people, myself included. The actual case about the illusionist is pretty predictable, but Criss Angel definitely pulls of the psychopath thing. When he is thwarted at the end of the episode, he is just plain scary.
CTRC