CSI: NY

Sleight Out of Hand

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 28, 2007 on CBS

• Illusionist Luke Blade is a suspect in a stream of murders. Lindsey must stand trial as the only surviving witness to a murder.

This episode probably deserves to be in the top three episodes this season, certainly along with the episodes with Edward Furlong as a guest star. What makes this episode great is certainly not the cases involved, even though they were top notch, it was the further character developments among some of the cast. First, I love the banter between Hawkes and Flack when they were at the magician shop getting key evidence in the investigation. I love the line Flack said about the the mob and how they "Houdini-ed" their victims. I also like the line Flack said to Hawkes about how he can only tell the difference between "RNA and DNA." Funny moment, indeed! Also, I liked how Stella was in her office at the knowhivaids.com website trying to obtain information for herself. Indeed, she is at risk with HIV and you can see her concern. I also liked how Lindsey called Stella and froze up when the accused murderer approached the courtroom. These are little things, but it shows that these people have lives and concerns outside the crime lab. But the best acting was none other than Lindsey and Danny! I liked how Danny was suffering from sleep deprivation and it caused him to see an image of Lindsey in the crime lab, even though she clearly was still in Montana. I also like when Danny came into his apartment, (after Mac ordered him to go home to get some sleep) and how he said to himself, "Go with your instincts." At the time, I had no idea what he was talking about. I figured it involved the illusionist case. But it involved Danny flying to Montana to give Lindsey some support. When he stepped into the courtroom, it seemed all her worries were washed away initially. Then of course, there was the kiss (or almost kiss) after the verdict. (Don't you just hate reporters, sometimes?) It really moved me to know that they are officially a couple.