CSI: NY

Sleight Out of Hand

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 28, 2007 on CBS

• I saw it and immediately said W to the T to the F! The character of Luke Blade is an alright character but I was surprised at how poorly things were portrayed and developed.

First off...this isn't even my favorite storyline. Luke Blade is a good character, and a very unique one but he is supposed to have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. People with FAS have diminished brain capacity an often are mentally retarded. The character of Luke blade was of normal if not above normal intelligence. FAS also causes noticeable characteristics such as the eyes being further apart, etc. Criss Angel is no doubt a gorgeous man and remains that way portraying an individual with a condition that disfigures the afflicted. This is something that someone who is familiar with the condition would notice and also anyone who looked it up would notice. I also felt that there was a daytime soap jammed into it too. Back and forth between court and trying to catch Luke before he kills again is kind of agitating and I feel that was mostly filler. This episode had the potential to be awesome, but failed to live up. I was a little disappointed by the lack of accuracy and the days of our lives filler in there. But hey, it's the third spinoff of the CSI series. What should I expect?