CSI: NY

Smooth Criminal

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 11, 2011 on CBS

• A Professional Killer Kills Three People At A Night Club And The Investigation Leads The Team On The Trail Of Counterfeit Medicines.

Up to this point, this is probably my favorite episode of this season. It was exciting, action-filled and it had some great comedy from Jo. The opening scene was suspenseful and it caught my attention. "Smooth Criminal" also features a special guest star and he is Ne-Yo. It has been said that he was the biggest problem here, but in my opinion he was actually quite good (For the record, I don't listen to his music.). The investigation was fast-paced and very entertaining. I liked the scenes with Ne-Yo and the kidnapped woman. I also liked how this episode had lots of action. Like many others, I was surprised by the fact that who were the real bad guys. The ending scene was emotional and the side-story about Sheldon was amusing. My advice is to watch this episode. It was very good!
  • 7x14

Well, this episode was not as good as I thought it could be, actually this is maybe my least favorite episode for the current season so far, I think the reason why I did not like this episode is by Ne-yo´s acting, I don´t have anything against him or his music but I really disliked his caracter, it was like trying to be interesting but the only thing it was,was an annoying killer, maybe it was even worse than justin bieber´s acting in csi las vegas, however, I have to admit that the scene where the real bad guys were revealed was something that I did not expected, but in general, this episode was kinda boring for me.

P.D: I´m from venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in english, please forgive my mistakes
  • Mac and the team investigate a triple homicide and kidnapping at a posh night club. It is soon discovered that the case will be a lot more complicated than anticipated.

"Smooth Criminal" is one of the stronger episodes of the season, but that does not mean it is without its flaws. The high points are the very well written script and the great performances (Well, there is one exception.). Veteran actress Adrienne Barbeau is fantastic as the doctor who may not have her patients' best interestes at heart. The climax of the story works as well. The scenes of the wearhouse raid are well done and have just the right amount of action to make it work. The biggest liability is Ne-Yo. His character was very hard to take seriously.
  • Where did the back stories go?

Now, I still enjoy watching CSI NY. It still seems to be the most reasonable of the three and I like the characters. Even so, a lot about it troubles me from time to time.

First, where do all of Mac's amours disappear to? Also, did he not have a female stalker at one point (or did I miss a resolution to that)?

Second. why did Stella leave?

Third, did not Danny seem to be developing a troubled back story a few seasons past (when he was standing in the rain at the end of an episode or season)?

Four, did not Sheldon have something like that going on as well (even more than what has been resolved)?

Fifth, and probably mostly; what happened with the shenanigans going on in the back rooms and also all of the disappearing evidence from storage. Included there is Mykelti Williamson's character of Chief Brigham Sinclair who seemed intend in bringing the department down.

It would be nice to have some of that addressed and resolved before the department is shut down by CBS.

......................

This episode was a typical one but quite well done. I am just getting so over having completely innocent characters become victims just for the sake of it (but that still is not quite in the league of the Miami version). I also ponder the reasoning behind the use of famous names in the guest cast. It was certainly not an effort to figure out right away that Adrienne Barbeau was not quite what she seemed at first. But I do always enjoy when the main suspect turns out to be not as expected. Maybe Sheldon will now have a new viable love interest.

Hopefully we will have some even more exciting episodes which will also extend character development and histories soon.