CSI: NY

The Box

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 26, 2008 on CBS

• A terrific episode with both a compelling case and some excellent character development

I thought this was a wonderful episode more for how everything came together and how Danny's work on what he thought was just another case ended up touching him so deeply. For me, this a whole is greater than the sum of its parts episode.

Danny's conversation with a mysterious couple is beautifully interwoven with the case, which is moved along at time with Danny's narrative. Danny begins by saying that he broke his wrist which ended his baseball aspirations. Interestingly, Carmine Giovinazzo had baseball aspirations which were dashed by a serious back injury. I thought he shone in the spotlight in this episode. I was very touched by the parents' realization of how they messed up with their daughter (the victim) by kicking her out of the house for selfish reasons when she was pregnant. Their regret leads Mr. Harris to tell Danny that no matter what happens between him and Lindsay, Danny must no have any regrets. They are blessed to have another opportunity with their grandson, who survived in her mother's womb when she fell to her death.