CSI: NY

The Cost of Living

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 29, 2008 on CBS

• A murdered "Indiana Jones" - wannabe, which leads to lots of unexpected plot twists and possibly a season recurring storyline.

While the beginning looked quite cheesy and is hard to picture there are people and events like that out there, the rest of the episode had even more plot-twists that a "Saw" movie. Perhaps the whole story development was done to the point which would be considered far-fetched, but it was still enjoyable to watch and definitely kept the suspense going.

The main characters were lovely and clever as usual. It's great to see things run smoothly between them and work all together for the end-goal. Looks like Stella might be having another bad day but being the fighter she always is, she manages to escape. And she is half-way to cracking the case at the end of the episode but I guess she's a smart girl for not acting right then and there.

A few things I would like to highlight, being a Greek myself:

- I loved Stella's and the bad guy's Greek. Spoken very fluently. A bit more cursing at the fight scene wouldn't hurt anyone! - Well done on the correct interpretation of the coin and the correct historical facts. Also, well done on the emphasis of how that coin (featuring King Philip) belongs to the Greek government.

- I am not sure where they are going with the whole storyline. I hope they don't turn it into a whole Greek government Vs NY Crime Lab. Bad guys are to be found everywhere of course. I just hope they don't make all of the Greeks look bad, in another attempt to glorify the New Yorkers.

- The security guy at the embassy: Bad, bad Greek! Could they not hire an extra that spoke better Greek?! Pick me! I can stand there, pretending to be a guard and speaking in fluent Greek!

- The whole Cyprus storyline: Though it was kept brief, I did not like the fact the girl talked about the excavation site in Nicosia, in "Northern Cyprus". I mean, you guys got everything else right in this story. And having a Greek in the show (Melina), I'm sure would help in getting a few things straight. There is no such thing as "Northern Cyprus". Cyprus is one island. The Northern part is of course occupied by Turkish troops but it's not a different state or country. All I'm saying is they could have easily avoided any confusion there or misunderstandings, and simply say "Cyprus" - end of the story.