CSI: NY

The Lady in the Lake

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 02, 2012 on CBS

• After draining a Central Park lake while searching for a murder weapon, Mac and the team discover the body of a young woman dressed in a ballgown.

I enjoyed "The Lady in the Lake" very much but it's not perfect. I did not care for AJ Buckley's character telling the two kids the story of the investigation as if it were a fairy tale. Also, the whole story of him thinking he hit the jackpot when he found the space probe fragment in the lake was a bit silly. The episode would have worked better without those story elements. That aside, I think the cast does a very good job in their parts of the investigation. What I thought was very clever was the parts of the murder investiagtion which make you think the murder victim was no angel (The text message, the $50,000 check.). It certainly did a good job of keeping me guessing until the end. The epsiode also ended well with Mac learning the concesquences of refusing to acknowledge his medical condition soon enough. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.