CSI: NY

The Lying Game

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jan 24, 2007 on CBS

• In this episode the team investigates the bodies of a female impersonator found in the men's room of an upscale catering hall and a marketing executive found, of all places, in a salt truck. Also Lindsay says good-bye to testify in a court case.

While CSI: Miami has stumbled as of late, CSI: NY continues to have a great season with some of the best episodes of any CSI show. I thought the story concering the murder of the marketing executive was very well done and very clever. The only problem I had with it was how exactly was the man's body dumped at the salt depot. There's no way anybody could have just walked in there especially if they are bringing a dead body in. However this is the only flaw in a very entertaining and well written episode.

• Six-degrees of Separation.

As always you never know who is going to be connected with whom. Between the Congressman's link to a Drag Queen, to the VP of a skateboard company being linked to a golfer. I thought the Alibi Co (which really does exist) was a neat twist. To top it off you have Lindsey's past coming back again. HINT to the writer's we need to do to a location shoot in Montana and finally close this case for Lindsey. With all of the different plots and sub-plots as always it kept me guessing until the very end. Can't wait for the next episode.
  • They did not need to toss that dog out of the window!

They did not need to toss that dog out of the window! Sick! And the guy who threw the dog out the window did not even get charged. You can always guarantee CSI NY to produce horrible music in each episode and for some reason they keep doing it (with the exception with the theme song) Other than that The Lying Game episode was okay, I also really hope they don't have that lying service I am really against lying for what ever reason. This episode promoted a lot of negativity I believe, and the whole Danny and Lindsay thing is getting very old.
  • This episode was ok

I only like this episode for the Lindsay and Danny scene, don’t get me wrong, they weren’t together in this episode, but was great!!!

Danny looks hurt when he see Montana talking to Mac and Stella and he look really upset as Montana didn’t even see him waiting for the lift, then Lindsay was in the cab and saw Danny. You could tell she wanted to say something to him but couldn’t… When Lindsay leaves a note for him and Danny saw it, wow… seeing his expression tells it all… it’s so cool the way they did it.

I didn’t realise that after Lindsay got the call her behaviour change, I wish I had spotted it… oh well. The rest of the case was ordinary… can’t wait till Lindsay get back. And hopefully see more D/L relationship.
  • I still don't think I've come down from my shipper high.

This was an awesome episode. Second best of the season, after Not What It Looks Like. For many, many reasons, most of which center around the fact that Lindsay was on screen for more than 30 seconds, and that we finally learned what Lindsay's secret 'dark past' is all about. Even though what she told Mac and Stella was basically what was in the summary - that she was the only witness, that four of her friends died, that she had to testify. But we learn that the guy was only recently apprehended, which is why she has to testify now, and also that the phone call a few months ago is the reason behind her abrupt change in behavior. I'm also glad that Mac and Stella were very supportive - especially Stella, after the couple of arguments the two have had this season.

I love Lindsay. I'm glad there is an excuse for her behavior change. Lindsay is one of my favorite characters, and I didn't like the way they were writing her, mostly because we didn't have an explanation for it until 312, and a more detailed one until tonight. I will miss Lindsay while Anna is away on maternity leave, and when she comes back, I pray that she will be the Lindsay from season 2 - the one I have come to love.

Also, we shippers finally got the recognition we deserve! So many shipper scenes to make us giggle and squee! This episode serves to solidify our ship, and proves that TPTB are behind us 100%! Why else would there be so many scenes focusing on Lindsay and Danny as they watched each other? Why else would they make it a point to show Danny's reaction to the card that Lindsay left him, which she signed, "Montana", his nickname for her? Why else would they show how hurt Danny was that he didn't get a hug? Why else would they show Lindsay watch Danny from the cab? And why else would they have Hawkes make such a big deal about the fact that she was only leaving him a card as a goodbye? Hawkes knows what the rest of us shippers know. They are meant to be. Hawkes is a D/L shipper!

Plus, it gives us all hope for the future, that there will be much more shipping when Lindsay returns from Montana! I can hardly wait! I miss Anna already!

Oh, and there was a rest of the episode, though I must admit I only paid attention to the important scenes, so here we go.

It's high time there was a drag queen episode in NY. I mentioned that a few weeks ago, that I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet, and here we are! Unfortunately, when you follow the rule of generally the first character introduced is the killer, you discover that, indeed, the redneck hick (and I'm allowed to use these terms, because I am one) is the killer because, "That queer kissed me." So I drowned him in a toilet. Yes. How progressive we rednecks are. We drown drag queens in toilets. Though I did enjoy that he was caught by his own stupidity - that the trail of toilet water is what gave him away. No miracle technology, no Stella's breasts giving her the answers, just a criminal being stupid.

The alibi case was interesting, though the woman at the company had me wanting to smack her. She works for a company that pays people to lie for them, and she expects them to be honest about what they're using the alibis for? How naive can she be? Makes me wonder, though, if a company such as this actually exists. And, surprise, surprise, the fake alibis fall through. Don't try and outsmart Mac Taylor. It just isn't done in civilized society. However, I find it interesting that it was the business partner with the 'real' alibi who ended up being the killer.

The part at the beginning with the dog had me worried. I was afraid the dog had died! You don't kill animals. You just don't.

Flack was especially awesome in this episode. I've been wanting Flack to get back to normal after what happened between him and Mac, and it seems that he's finally back on his A-game. He was delivering those lines the way only he can do it, and I officially love him for it. "Better make that a John Doe." Oh, Flack. You slay me.

I believe that is all I have to say for now.

Important things to remember:

1. Danny watches as Lindsay hugs Mac and Stella goodbye, then watches her leave Mac's office. He looks hurt that she doesn't come over to him, even though she obviously doesn't see him. I think he heard her talking, and knows that she is leaving, and is disappointed that she doesn't come to hug him or tell him goodbye. He leaves looking upset.

2. Lindsay walks into a room. Hawkes is like, "I thought you left." She says she had loose ends to tie up. She means she wants to see Danny. She leaves him a note. Hawkes goes, "That's how you're saying goodbye? A card?" We know that it will be harder for her to say goodbye in person. If she had to face Danny, she probably wouldn't leave, and she has to leave.

3. Lindsay spots Danny walking to the lab as the cab pulls away. She tells the driver to stop. She watches him walk into the lab. She wants to run after him and kiss him until they both pass out, but she doesn't. She knows if she sees him, she won't leave, and she has to.

4. Danny finds the card. He reads the note, which is posted in a comment at the bottom, and he smiles. He smiles! He even laughs a little. And he hides the card when Mac comes in, but he's still holding it. This means he wubs her. And... she signed the note 'Montana'!!!!

Oh, yeah, and...

CANON!
  • A little over the top!

A little over the top I will admit as they tried to blend in the gay theme movies the Crying Game as well as Brokeback Mountain as the team tries to find out what gender this person was as they thought that she was a female but was found murdered in the men's room. Meanwhile Lindsay goes back to Montana to testify against a serial killer. Like I said, a little over the top.
  • It's amazing what lies can do.

This episode shows us how dangerous lying can be.

The case of the dead tranny was a little predictable. I guess I've seen too many crime and cop shows that I tend to figure out who the perp is, and it looks like nothing drives a man to commit murder like being humiliated (sexually) in front of his friends.

Next, the case of the dead extreme sports junkie. I thought the motive was just sad. The perp jumped to conclusions and killed the victim in the heat of the moment. I would've loved to see that guy's face when he finds out that the business seminar receipts he found were actually fake, and that he killed his partner for nothing. I imagine that guilt would gnaw at you to your grave.

As mediocre as the cases maybe be, I did like the interaction between the characters, particularly Danny and Lindsay...which was none. We've all been made aware of their feelings for each other, and I think the writers did an okay job keeping them apart in this episode despite the fact that Lindsay's going back to Montana. I know, a face-to-face farewell was expected by a lot of fans (including myself), but I thought this was done just right. Hopefully we'll get to see more of those two when Anna Belknap comes back from her maternity leave.

It's already the middle of the season, and I hope the writers come up with better stories because I haven't been really thrilled with the episodes lately. =/
  • I loved it!!!

This episode last night was the long awaited return of Danny/Lindsay moments. The Lying Game had great cases and it was pivotol to the episode. Case A was a transgender found dead in the bathroom and Case B was about a murder that took place and the body was dumped in a salt truck. However, both cases took a backseat to Danny and Lindsay. Lindsay approaching Mac and Stella and telling them that she had to go back to Montana to testify in the murder of four girls. Danny overheard this and his face was evident in the way that he felt in that exact moment. This storyline is crucial as Anna is taking a maternity leave from the show. Another scene that is crucial is that when she is leaving, she sees him and looks as he walks away. The highlight of the episode is when she leaves a card for Danny. He reads the note and smiles. Stick around for the rest of the season for more to come!

vexus
  • OMG M&M's moment!

Wow, what an episode. I wasn't sure what to expect because I hadn't read the ep. summary. It was wonderful in a sad sort of way. And, now Lindsay's gone. Wonder how long. I think the writers did a great job weaving Anna's pregnancy with Lindsay's involvement with a murder ten years ago.

"Make that a John Doe." Wow, Flack is one calm and cool dude to be able to check out the vic like that and not freak out. Then questioning the killer later about his motive and sexuality. The sexuality part was borderline harrassment, but he pulld it off and snagged a confession out of the guy. I'm glad they were able to nab the congressman for the rape charge.

The case Danny adn Mac were working reminded me a lot of a case in CSI: Miami. I figured i had to be one of the employees and the guy who went to the gym was my suspect and later the killer. It was his eyes, they were really shifty.

What a special M&M's moment. I wonder when those two are going to finally stop dancing around each other and just go to dinner or see a movie together. Fabulous epsiode and Mac only blew his top once. Guess he's more relaxed when he goes to work. ;)