CSI: NY

Today Is Life

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 22, 2013 on CBS

• The ninth season (and the series) ends with the NYPD in turmoil as a police officer is suspected of killing an unarmed man.

Despite the fact that CBS has not confirmed the fact, I believe this is the final episode of "CSI: NY". What makes me believe it is that the season ended early. "Today is Life" is not the best finale I have ever seen, but it wasn't bad. I did enjoy seeing how the case played out. The writers certainly did a good job keeping me interested until the end. The ending was a plausible one which added to this episode's appeal. The scene of the protesters storming the precint was a bit of a stretch for me. I would just think that the NYPD would have the foresight to add extra security at the precint in light of the intense protest. The same could be said for the scene when the second ambulance was broken into. The fact that the police officer made it out of the mob with just a few scratches seemed impossible in my opinion. With that being said, I believe this episode ended the series well. Like "CSI: Miami" I just wish that this series had a full final season and a more proper sendoff. That's unfortunate, but it was still a show worth your time regardless.