CSI: NY

Veritas

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 24, 2008 on CBS

• The episode starts off where the season finale left off.

In this episode, we find out what happened after Mac was taken by the treacherous bank robber "Joe". He managed to escape from a watery grave sans his immediate memory. The rest of the episode had the team finding out Joe's true identity and stopping him from getting away with murder and the cash.
    It was a pretty good season opener, although it didn't necessarily blow me away. There was some decent action, a good pace and the mystery behind what happened with Mac from the time he was abducted to when he surfaced from the car was good, and we were introduced to an interesting new character - Flack's younger sister. But I have to say that my favorite scenes were the ones with Adam in them. I loved how nervous he was in the scene when he was giving Flack a heads up as a friend, and also in the scene where he told Mac that he gave the information to Flack first even though Mac told him that all info goes through the boss first. It was cool that even though he looked like he was going to pass out he grew some big ones and told Mac that he had made a decision and if he had to do it again he wouldn't change his mind. He looked like he didn't know what to do when Mac just left.
    Although this feels like a return to the good old CSI:NY, at the same time I would have liked to see some resolution to the personal dramas that the team was facing; namely Danny and Lindsay. Either have them break up or get back together because the limbo that they're in is getting distracting. Hopefully it will get resolved in the next few episodes.