Cult Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

So internet what do you think about "Cult"?

XGalt

[1]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 13

Personally I was really looking forward to a show that's meta yet shooting for serious. So I think I went into the show expecting something truly unique and that it would possibly blow me a way. I don't think Cult did that for me, but I definitely think I'm coming back for ep 2.

Right from the start the show within a show felt a bit over the top in that bad CW kind of way. The catch phrase about things breaking off and the way they had Robert Knepper mugging it up every two minutes didn't inspire a lot of confidence. It all felt like they were trying to slap the broad strokes up there to quickly (a sad trapping in most pilots). However, as the show went on it did something that's pretty unique on television...it kind of got creepy andeerie. Which I loved.

So internet what did you like? What don't you like? Am I going to be the only person posting on this forum? Also, would it be to much trouble if tv.com had another Cult section so I can post on the forum within the show within a show? The last question was just a lame attempt at humor.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[2]Feb 27, 2013
    • level: 8
    Honestly just not impressed. the show within the show is too campy to be enjoyable and the show about the show is just a jumbled mess of confusion. It's hard to have any concern for the characters, we never got to see anything about the reporters brother to even care if he's ever found..the writer of the show writing himself into the story as some mysterious figure at the root of all the mystery is just egotistical nonsense, all in all it seems like it's trying too hard with it's gimmick.

I mainly tuned in to watch Robert Knepper and Alona Tal and I'm going to give it a couple more episodes to wow me but after that it's off the DVR.

dif_frent

[3]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 10

The first episode "creepy and eerie" to me, which I loved too. The second was quite disappointing.

Robert Knepper is excellent, and can be a show saver.

The script writers are telling the story in too quick a pace, which makes this horror show into a pretty little story for teenagers, lifting the aura of heaviness and danger. I only hope that my previous sentence will prove wrong in the next episodes.

I must say that "the writer of the show writing himself into the story as some mysterious figure at the root of all the mystery" is quite clever and amusing to me. But wasn't that the producer, not the writer?

Edited on 03/02/2013 5:20pm

krankie_frankie

[4]Mar 14, 2013
    • level: 11
    Watched three episodes and have decided I wont carry on watching... the show has promise, and I guess it may be me, but I am so confused buy it all..... Give me a nice simple whodunnit with no twists and turns, by brain isn't up to this sort of show!