Cult

You're Next

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 19, 2013 on The CW

• A very good beginning (IMHO)

I must admit I was thrilled watching the pilot. I found the first episode really scary, almost as scary as "The River" last year. By the way, it's a pity that The River was cancelled. The atmosphere in Cult is so good thanks to the excellent acting by Robert Knepper, playing Billy Grimm. The filming also adds to that atmosphere. The weakest part is the script itself or rather the story telling, especially the friendship between Jeff and Skye. The script writers should have given them a few more episodes to get to know each other and to start trusting each other. I give this episode a 10 for the atmosphere of a true horror movie, despite the poor story telling.
  • Not what I expected

Didn't get weather the events were in real life or inside a TV show.
  • A few unbelievable things

I loved seeing the guy from Prison Break and Heroes as the cult leader. Its only one episode but I may have liked this show a lot more without the whole tv angle. Some things I find hard to believe. Like a car that is unique and is on a popular tv show that rides around town and nobody thinks anything of it. Like having the general lee or the batmobile drive around town and nobody noticing. Its still interesting but Im not sure if it will stay that way because of the whole tv angle.
  • Dumb dumb dumb

Hard to say anything I liked. The acting was stilted and the plot was a mess. The only good thing is seeing Robert Knepper on tv again. Not enough however to keep me coming back week after week.