Curb Your Enthusiasm Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on HBOBetween Seasons

Seinfeld Reunion on Curb

zoomerj91

[1]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/959/959774p1.html
    Edited on 03/05/2009 3:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jansenonline

[2]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 16
    Any news on when season 7 will air??
    'Cause I really, really, REALLY can't wait!

stellarchick86

[3]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 32
    I cant wait..I was saying this on the Seinfeld forums that I cant wait to see all 4 reunited anyway, but then adding Larry in is just icing on the cake. I would love to see how Michael/Larry interact since Ive seen some interviews with him and Jerry together and then we've already seen the Jason & Julia interactions with him but not Michael (or at least I havent). People were starting to wonder if him and Michael didnt get along or something. Im hoping this season will air in August at the latest since thats when it seems to start but I dont know I said that last August and Larry was like just started to get some ideas to write episodes so IDK.

thefanof

[4]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 102
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I cant wait..I was saying this on the Seinfeld forums that I cant wait to see all 4 reunited anyway, but then adding Larry in is just icing on the cake. I would love to see how Michael/Larry interact since Ive seen some interviews with him and Jerry together and then we've already seen the Jason & Julia interactions with him but not Michael (or at least I havent). People were starting to wonder if him and Michael didnt get along or something. Im hoping this season will air in August at the latest since thats when it seems to start but I dont know I said that last August and Larry was like just started to get some ideas to write episodes so IDK.

I think it was just because it's going to be very difficult for Michael Richards to return to comedy after the Laugh Factory incident. I have a feeling he's going to be very cautious, and not his old self unfortunately when he pops up on Curb.

stellarchick86

[5]Mar 8, 2009
    thefanof wrote:
    I think it was just because it's going to be very difficult for Michael Richards to return to comedy after the Laugh Factory incident. I have a feeling he's going to be very cautious, and not his old self unfortunately when he pops up on Curb.

Yeah and I agree its going to be a little weird but he had a few seasons to pop up even before that Laugh Factory thing happened. But if hes returning as Kramer and not as Michael Richards himself there shouldnt be too much of a problem because I guess Larry will just write the dialogue then..I have no idea lol.

I just hope that, and sort of what you were saying I think too, that none of them lose their essences of the characters, especially since its been like what 10 years since Seinfeld's been on the air? Ive never been a big fan of Jerrys acting, sorry to anyone who does, so I dont have too much of a high hope there but I dont want to see Jason or Michael lose their sense of who George or Kramer are, since it HAS been so long, and we feel like we're watching the actors more than the characters ya know? Like seeing Kramer bumping into things and bumbling around and watching George go off and be neurotic. I have faith in Julia and Elaine you can just sort of 'get by' with but not so much George and Kramer.

kravitzfan12

[6]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 34
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    But if hes returning as Kramer and not as Michael Richards himself there shouldnt be too much of a problem...
    The articles have said that the cast members will be playing themselves, much like Julia and Jason already have on the series.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a very mellow Michael Richards, but not necessarily because of the incident. If you watch him in interviews, he is a REALLY mellow and quiet guy - very to himself. I think this is going to be a really interesting medium for him, considering it is all improvised. CANNOT WAIT!

stellarchick86

[7]Mar 9, 2009
    kravitzfan12 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    But if hes returning as Kramer and not as Michael Richards himself there shouldnt be too much of a problem...
    The articles have said that the cast members will be playing themselves, much like Julia and Jason already have on the series.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a very mellow Michael Richards, but not necessarily because of the incident. If you watch him in interviews, he is a REALLY mellow and quiet guy - very to himself. I think this is going to be a really interesting medium for him, considering it is all improvised. CANNOT WAIT!

Oh oops, sorry...for some reason I thought it was the characters which I thought was weird since when Julia and Jason came on they were themselves but I was just like whatever lol. Yeah it could be interesting...I dont know what to say either way on him and his 'incident' lol.

melv1n138

[8]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 1
    Its more then just the core 4 seinfeld crew that are featured in the new season. TMZ has a vid of george costanza's mum saying she is in it also.

kravitzfan12

[9]Mar 10, 2009
    Here's the video of Estelle Harris (George's Mom) talking about her appearance.

http://www.tmz.com/tag/estelle+harris/

I wouldn't have guessed that her or any other smaller cast members were going to be on. I can't wait to see who else pops up!
    Edited on 03/10/2009 6:38pm

stellarchick86

[10]Mar 10, 2009
    kravitzfan12 wrote:
    I wouldn't have guessed that her or any other smaller cast members were going to be on. I can't wait to see who else pops up!

Yeah same here! Itd be great if they can get Jerry [Stiller] on as well! I always loved him and Jasons scenes together.

kravitzfan12

[11]Mar 10, 2009
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Itd be great if they can get Jerry [Stiller] on as well! I always loved him and Jasons scenes together.
    That would be amazing!

LukeSupernova

[12]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 4

Maybe the Blacks will confront Michael about the 'incident', i'm sure Larry will turn something so sour into something so funny.

The episode will definitely be a special one in the world of comedy.

miss_wierd

[13]Jul 5, 2009
    • level: 13
    I don't watch this show but I want to watch it when the gang from Seinfeld come on!! I have a question. I noticed on the episode guide that the last time there was an episode was in 2007. Why? Did it have a series finale? If so, why is it coming back? And if they didn't have a series finale why hasn't it been on since 2007? I'm confused.

kravitzfan12

[14]Jul 6, 2009
    miss_wierd wrote:
    I don't watch this show but I want to watch it when the gang from Seinfeld come on!! I have a question. I noticed on the episode guide that the last time there was an episode was in 2007. Why? Did it have a series finale? If so, why is it coming back? And if they didn't have a series finale why hasn't it been on since 2007? I'm confused.
    Larry David almost never wants to continue the series after a season ends. It isn't uncommon for this show to have long hiatuses. There was also a long gap between Season 5 and Season 6. The cast has said that Larry has told them that the series was ending numerous times; but then when Larry gets a new idea for a season arc that he really likes, he begins again.

The show had never had a series finale, although the Season 5 finale The End was thought to be the last episode for a while, until it was announced that there would be a Season 6.

miss_wierd

[15]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 13

Larry David almost never wants to continue the series after a season ends.

===========================================

Really? Why not?

The cast has said that Larry has told them that the series was ending numerous times; but then when Larry gets a new idea for a season arc that he really likes, he begins again.
    =======================================================

The poor cast! But then what happens if Larry David has an idea but some of the cast already has other jobs they are doing? The poor fans!

thefanof

[16]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 102
    miss_wierd wrote:

Larry David almost never wants to continue the series after a season ends.

===========================================

Really? Why not?

The cast has said that Larry has told them that the series was ending numerous times; but then when Larry gets a new idea for a season arc that he really likes, he begins again.
    =======================================================

The poor cast! But then what happens if Larry David has an idea but some of the cast already has other jobs they are doing? The poor fans!

I don't think the show has that rigorous a filming schedule. Remember in the Scorsese film episode where he says he only liked doing two takes on Seinfeld? Lol. I think I remember him saying in an interview somewhere they do the scene about 7 times on Curb since the lines aren't scripted to get a better amount to choose from, but since Larry's usually the only main character who is on camera for more than 6-7 minutes an episode I can't imagine filming being too rigorous for everyone else.

kravitzfan12

[17]Jul 31, 2009
    Here is a great article giving some great details about the 'Seinfeld' Reunion on 'Curb' this fall:

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/07/larry-david-talks-seinfeld-reunion-on-curb.html

This season arc sounds so amazing! I can't wait to see Jason, Julia, Michael and Jerry playing their 'Seinfeld' characters again!

efc91

[18]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 39
    kravitzfan12 wrote:
    Here is a great article giving some great details about the 'Seinfeld' Reunion on 'Curb' this fall:

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/07/larry-david-talks-seinfeld-reunion-on-curb.html

This season arc sounds so amazing! I can't wait to see Jason, Julia, Michael and Jerry playing their 'Seinfeld' characters again!
    Thanks for posting this I cant wait for the new season hopefully it is as good as season 6, well the Blacks are back so that sounds good to me.

LukeSupernova

[19]Aug 8, 2009
    • level: 4
    This should be great

stellarchick86

[20]Aug 12, 2009
    Thanks Kravitzfan12! This sounds so awesome, Im glad they are returning as their characters so we get some closure on their Seinfeld couterparts rather than as themselves which we've already seen with 2/4 of them. Im super excited for this! =)