Curb Your Enthusiasm Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on HBOBetween Seasons

So what do you think of S07E01?

smithy92

[1]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 5
    I think it was hilarious and I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the season. The beginning with the temperature and when Jeff screwed the Funkhouser was the funniest parts.
    Edited on 09/21/2009 9:14am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ZEXKStudios

[2]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    I didn't think it was that great. The blacks had annoying roles, Cheryl has good, Wanda didn't have much. I didn't like the doctor guy either. Personally i thought funniest scenes were Larry and Jeff in the garage/carport near the start, Jeff Larry in the Car. In fact.... all of the good scenes for me were between Jeff and Larry. Those were great. plus then with wanda and cheryl were scenes were good tho. but the plot of the episode was rather loose, like some episodes of curb are really tightly wound, this wasn't. just sorta petered on.... still good tho. just a bit of a disappointing start, rather down ending too....... although the 'have i already said that' was good.
    Edited on 09/21/2009 10:41am

mrlrulz

[3]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 4

I thought it was great. Larry is the same way he was with seinfeld in the fact that he never knows if he'll be back for another season. With the ending of season 6, he really wrote it in a way where that it could be the end. So now with season 7 he has to deal with the blacks and get back with cheryl or completely change then show and stick with the blacks. So I think he really wrote him self into a corner as far as the plot goes because I know most of the dialouge is improvised. He either has to find a way to get larry back with david or change the dynamic of the show completely by losing cheryl and sticking with the blacks. I really had know idea how he was going to continue season 7. Well it looks as if larry wants out and may be on his way back to cheryl. I think the whole cancer thing is a great plot idea. I loved how he mentions to jeff he wants to break up with her and the end when he gets the news he collapsed I couldnt stop laughing. As usual the conversations between larry and jeff were hilarious. What really frustrates me is that I love cheryl. I find her conversations with larry are the most natural on the show besides larry and jeff. BUT I also find any scene with leon in it hysterical. I'm torn between the 2 because I know if larry gets back with cheryl we may lose leon. I hope he finds a way to keep larry with cheryl but not lose leon. I really loved cheryl and larrys talk at the end. You could really tell they missed each other before anything was said. Can't wait for the seinfeld part of the season. Cheryl wants the larry that work on seinfeld in the day and came home at night. So what's larry gonna do? Ahhh what a great setup. It wasn't a perfect episode but for how season 6 ended and considering what he had to work with I think it was a great opener for season 7 and the subtle hint for the seinfeld reunion at the end was great. I've been watching Curb Since season the beginning and this seinfeld season seems like a present from larry for having to watch this crap instead giving me more seinfeld...ha. All signs point to him getting back with cheryl but if he didnt that would change my interest in the show at all. I don't know what larry could do to make me stop watching.

but ya I thought it was great

efc91

[4]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 39
    It was exactly what you would expect from Curb, great episode, very funny as usual. Loved the dinner party scene.

RoboAmish

[5]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 18
    Loved it. Had enough great "Larry" moments to keep me hooked, and always nice to see the great Funkhouser. From the joys of being a fish owner, to neighbours vs thieves and refrigerator etiquette, it was pretty much exactly what I'd want from a Curb episode.

Line of the evening: "you can still talk while you're resting!"

efc91

[6]Sep 23, 2009

RoboAmish wrote:
    Line of the evening: "you can still talk while you're resting!"
    LMAO

There was also another really funny lie but I forgot what it was. It was something to do with the fridge.

Edited on 09/23/2009 1:17pm

mylok

[7]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 11
    The best scene in the whole episode was when the doc confirmed the cancer diagnosis and Larry collapsed!

efc91

[8]Sep 24, 2009
    mylok wrote:
    The best scene in the whole episode was when the doc confirmed the cancer diagnosis and Larry collapsed!
    Yeah what was with that. Was it genuine or did he fake it, got confused I thought I knew Larry

RoboAmish

[9]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 18
    that had to be the funniest fake faint I've seen in my life

"Don't condescend me with your tiny pear"

efc91

[10]Sep 25, 2009
    RoboAmish wrote:
    that had to be the funniest fake faint I've seen in my life "Don't condescend me with your tiny pear"
    Thats the line made me laugh out load again just reading it.
    Edited on 09/25/2009 3:06am

big_bad_byron

[11]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 2
    5.5/10. disappointing start. it'll get better though, surely.

kravitzfan12

[12]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 34
    I just finished watching this episode (just ordered HBO to watch this season!) and absolutely LOVED it! It felt like it never missed a beat despite being on hiatus for about 22 months!

Catherine O'Hara knocked it out of the park! What a tremendously funny character. Every scene with her was just magical - especially when she wanted Jeff and Larry to guess the actress! And you can't mention the dinner party scene without making me laugh!

I know most people are looking forward to the Seinfeld reunion (me included) but I'm so happy that Larry put in a few regular episodes before the cast started to show up; it allows us to fall in love with the series all over again!

stellarchick86

[13]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 32
    Im really loving this whole season so far..much more than s6 to say the least. The only thing is a few times I could tell they were improving, actually mainly Cheryl and Jeff (Susie and Larry can act circles around them I swear, I never have problems with them and a few times I do with C and J). I just get confused as to why Susie would invite Larry to a dinner party, especially after Loretta dumping all over her in the finale, but whatever lol.

beatlenut_lissa

[14]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    I personally think that the fainting was genuine because Larry knew he couldn't get out of the relationship with the Blacks....I thought this episode was "typical" Larry behavior the scene where he says " Neighbors want your time, robbers want your things. I would rather give my things then my time." WAS CLASSIC LARRY LOL! probably one of my favorite parts....The long drawn out speech on the commitment of being a fish owner....Priceless can't wait to see whats next...

amnesiacjimmy

[15]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 1

Well us oor sods over in UK have ot wait a bit to see curb but ep 1 jsut aired last night and I nearly wet myself several times... I was thinking - and many of my mates who are totally hooked on larry - how can he get even better. Well, he just did! Where do you begin to say how good he is! There was just so much going on all the time and the many plotlines going through it all. Great lines from lots of people. Someone was wondering what the fridge line was, i think it was about liquid privileges or something similar. Am going to record the whole series and watch it all again many times.

Dave in Leeds

http://www.myspace.com/no1amnesiacs