Curb Your Enthusiasm Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on HBOBetween Seasons

Which is the best season?

stranger12343

[1]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 8

HI, I'm just starting to watch this show. I just bought the season 3 DVD set (I heard the first season was not the best somewhere), and am wondering where I should go from here. I am enjoying the show though. I didn't really laugh all that much at first...but it seems that as you watch this show more and more, everything becomes funnier..

Basically, Which DVD should I get next?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FriendlyCrono

[2]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 11

My favorite is season 6.

Worst is 5.

All are great though. Buy whichever you please.

thefanof

[3]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 102
    Best: Season 5
    Second Best: Season 3

Worst: Season 6
    Second Worst: Season 1

efc91

[4]Jul 18, 2009
    • level: 39
    There all good get them all

kravitzfan12

[5]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 34
    I find it very hard to rank the seasons, because you might not enjoy the arc, but there are brilliant episodes in every season. You might come across a season plot you won't like, but there will be an episode in that season that might be your favorite.

I would suggest buying all the seasons, watching them in order (now that you know that you enjoy the show) and just take it all in.

jekyll

[6]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 86
    3 and 6 are the best; 1 and 4 are very good (4's "The Survivor" is one of the best eps, period, while "Opening Night" is a disappointment); 2 is pretty good; 5 is nearly unwatchable, it's that bad.

thefanof

[7]Jul 26, 2009
    Say what? 5 is definitely the best. The Seder, Lewis Lewis, Dustin Hoffman, The Playboy Mansion...what more could you want?

jekyll

[8]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 86
    thefanof wrote:
    Say what? 5 is definitely the best. The Seder, Lewis Lewis, Dustin Hoffman, The Playboy Mansion...what more could you want?
    Um, some episodes that are actually funny? "The Seder" had some laughs, but too many episodes just left you waiting and wondering when they would get funny, and they never did.

Tortured_Mike

[9]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 9
    I would have to say that all are great including season One.. except I didn't think much of season 5.. I really didn't laugh much at it.. But then season 6 came and it was back to being perfect.
    I think as a rule, there is one crap episode a season though..

My fav would be season 2.
    My least fav would be season 5.

Fav epsiodes are: The Doll + Ted & Mary

Axionus

[10]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 1
    I heard about this show from a friend a while ago and rented the first season. I watched the first episode and wondered how they could let it get past the first season, let alone still be on. I kept wanting to turn it off but was hoping that something funny was going to happen. To be fair, I did finish Arrested Development right before watching it, but I still didn't find anything funny. Does it get better, or do I just not get the humor?

thefanof

[11]Aug 23, 2009
    Start with Season 3. If you don't like that then the show is just not for you. I believe that is when the show really has defining characters, smart writing and more mainstream appeal.

stellarchick86

[12]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    Axionus wrote:
    I heard about this show from a friend a while ago and rented the first season. I watched the first episode and wondered how they could let it get past the first season, let alone still be on. I kept wanting to turn it off but was hoping that something funny was going to happen. To be fair, I did finish Arrested Development right before watching it, but I still didn't find anything funny. Does it get better, or do I just not get the humor?

I always give a show a whole season before I turn it off because they have to set up so much to start with but yet start from the beginning because I want to get a feel for the characters and who's who from the start. I also watch Arrested Development and didnt get into it until maybe halfway through s1 and didnt find the Pilot funny whatsoever. One Tree Hill is also a favorite of mine but didnt get into it until like the 6th episode or so. There are others I cant think of at the moment that I didnt think was awesome from the Pilot on. So sometimes shows just do that to you. I definetely think the first season is not as good as the others, if that helps you, but 1. I find that to be the case with most shows and 2. I still do like it just not in comparison. Take from it what you will.