Curb Your Enthusiasm

Sunday 10:00 PM on HBO Premiered Oct 15, 2000 Between Seasons

Curb Your Enthusiasm Fan Reviews (121)

• Larry David, co-creator of Seinfeld, portrays himself in a shameless comedy. He has an understanding, activist wife, and a chummy manager. He has daily run-ins and feuds with just about everyone on the planet.

To say this show is "funny", is a gross understatement. To say this show is "overrated" is, to me, a sign of ignorance. However, there are a number of opinions I can understand, without agreeing personally. This is a show I recommend often, yet when I do, I keep in mind that the prospective viewer might not be able to enjoy it completely. There are a few good reasons: Larry David, while brilliant of course, portrays himself unapologetically as this obnoxious, defiant, impossible to get along with man. His character alone is enough for many to call it quits. But the thing that crawls under most people's skin even more than character, are the often bizarre, always cringe-worthy scenarios he puts himself in. I understand not everyone can enjoy watching an old man yelling at everyone. It's often hard to watch. But these scenarios are far from random. As with Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm uses scenarios, questions, annoyances, etc. of everyday life, amplified times 100, of course. This show is comedic brilliance and it gets better with every season. If you think you can handle the absurdity and shameless embarrassment portrayed in Curb Your Enthusiasm, you must watch this show! My personal favorites are the episodes costarring Richard Lewis.