Curb Your Enthusiasm

Seinfeld

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 22, 2009 on HBO

• Not Seinfeld, Definitely Curb.

Like the reviewer before me, I am also in the group that actually understood how genius the Seinfeld finale was. I thought the finale was the BEST possible way of ending the show. The public just simply didn't understand how deep the ending truly was, and how genius it was to end the show the way they did.

People were expecting something predictable, and if you're a Seinfeld fan, you should have known what you were in for in advance; the show was about NOTHING and the ending proved that NOTHING HAPPENED.

Upon hearing about the Seinfeld reunion earlier this year, I was ecstatic; I couldn't believe that it was actually going to happen. The four would reunite and perform a final time.

I was disappointed though: the "new ending" was predictable and too much of "what the people wanted". I felt as if it was forced and the original ending is HOW they meant to end it to begin with. It seemed with the new reunion, "let's just give them what they want so they'll shut up." The "new ending" was a dumbed down and predictable ending.

The reunion scenes were too short and I felt that it was not given the proper treatment it deserved. If they wanted to do a reunion, I felt that it should have been done in a different manner and it should have been a whole episode rather than various scenes scattered throughout the season.

In terms of Curb Your Enthusiasm, the episode was absolutely stellar. But as they said, this was not an episode of Seinfeld, it was an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

The Curb Your Enthusiasm episode though, may have been the one of the best in a long time. In fact, I'd say it was the best Curb episode since "Krazee-Eyez Killa" or "The Doll" (my two personal favorites). It was written phenomenally and the Jerry stare-down was perhaps one of the funniest scenes, that being said (!), George's 'pretty... pretty... good' was also classic.

Despite the disappointing reunion, this episode was spot on and I can't wait for next season (If it happens).