Curb Your Enthusiasm

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 22, 2009 on HBO

• Could have been better, but my high expectations were not disappointed

Until the Seinfeld reunion was announced, I had never seen a single episode of Curb. While watching season 7, I got all the DVDs and watched them all -- literally watching 70 total episodes (71 if you count the special) in slightly over 70 days. And although the Seinfeld arc has been developing throughout this season, this episode is ultimately the one that I invested so much time and expense to be ready for. So if anyone had astronomically high hopes for a spectacular finish, I definitely qualified. I would say that this episode turned out very satisfying. Yes, it was a little formulaic and somewhat predictable. Yes, I longed for a bit more of the Seinfeld show-within-the-show. But on the whole, I felt this episode of Curb completely captured the essence of the entire Curb series and the Seinfeld portion completely captured the essence of the entire Seinfeld series. Many people will want to see Larry David do another season of Curb, and I certainly think he's got it in him. HAVING SAID THAT... Of all the previous six season finales, this is clearly the best one to serve as a series finale.