Curb Your Enthusiasm

The Bat Mitzvah

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 11, 2007 on HBO

• Am I the only one who's disappointed with Cheryl leaving? Her passive side to her and Larry's relationship was what made them the couple that I could watch. Excuse the clichéd comment, but she was the ying to the yang--Larry.

Although their relationship was not the best, I was still able to see compatibility between them. Her passiveness implied that an individual could somewhat tolerate Larry's behavior and obsession over the least of people's concerns. I have to admit, I did and do feel sorry for the repercussions which Larry has to endure from his careless and inconsiderate remarks, but I can't help to feel even more sorry for him after this has happened. Albeit by far one of the funniest television series I've watched, I'm a little disheartened that one of my favorite passive characters in the show has now moved on.

Everyone gets upset with Larry, but they end up forgiving him one way or another as we see them later in the series. Is Cheryl's tolerance really that low? 10 years of marriage and it took her that long to decide not to be with him? All of "Larry's" friends, or shall I say Cheryl's now, have seemed to choose her over Larry yet we never really see Cheryl engaging in social activity outside of going to parties with Larry next to her. I have to say, the direction of the show with Cheryl in it I enjoyed and the more I write this I feel like I've fallen in love with her character. Now we know there will be a 7th season but I can't help to think that Cheryl is out of the series that quickly. Does she deserve someone else who is more 'down-to-earth' or is this simply a break for the two? Will Larry stay with the Black's? Their compatibility seems very strong, but the better question is, will you be able to watch a show where people are supporting Larry's decisions? I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm saying bring Cheryl back!
TVLAND