Curb Your Enthusiasm

The Pants Tent

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 15, 2000 on HBO

• a classic pilot

Y\'all know the drill, folks. Larry\'s an azz-man, a pervert, a non-conformist. He\'s funny as hell in the process. The series only gets better from here, but the first episode of curb was really special. It was racy, witty, and above all, classic. Hardly any pilots in the history of time have matched up to the calibur of curb\'s first episode. enjoy...
  • Fun with Richard Lewis

I thought this episode was a decent start and Richard Lewis was especially strong in it. The neurotic fight between Lewis and Larry was hilarious! Larry making the Nazi comment was pretty funny and the awkwardness when he goes to apologize was perfect. It seems like the show lives off awkwardness and there are some gold moments here, like when he's trying to explain to his wife's friend that he didn't have an erection, and then explaining where his erections come from. "Sofia Lauren was once a source." Hilarious!
  • Amazing, really Seinfeld, GREAT SHOW

7.7
    I first watched this series tonigh and I was amazed by the scenes, it really remainds me of Seinfeld, great. The whole discussion of Nancy, Larry and his wife, is great, it really remainds me of the Seinfeld times. The waitress and the table discussion, is GREAT, is so Seinfeld. In a way, Larry works as Seinfeld, Kramer, and Constanza, and he has also a little bit of Elaine.
  • This was the first episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm that I have ever seen. This episode was wrote brillantly, with the antics of Larry David, his manager, his wife, his wife's friend, and the guest stars.

I loved how the story lines came together to reveal one central outcome. The scene in the movie theature was great. This is a must watch episode!
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm starts off with a bang. Or is that a "bone"?

I've decided to sink my teeth into Curb Your Enthusiasm, starting with the first episode since I really can't get into a TV show unless I join in on the first episode of the entire series (I tried and failed to break this habit with Deadwood). I was never a big fan of Seinfeld, but this immediately connected with me as I have fallen victim to The Pants Tent plenty of times, although fortunately it has only been me who noticed that I was sporting a ghost boner. A pattern that I notice with the episodes is that at 30 minutes, they really cram a lot into the episode and you get plenty of problems and resolutions in a quick amount of time. The Kathy Griffin stuff seemed a little forced and just stank of Larry David owing Kathy a favor or something by putting her in this show. Otherwise, this is a fine pilot episode and sets the pace for what people would be expecting in future episodes.