Curb Your Enthusiasm

The Shucker

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 26, 2017 on HBO

• Larry is eager to get "Fatwa!: The Musical" back on track, but soon hits some obstacles. One being the shucker he hired for a dinner party.

Why did you talk Tahoe to Ted? Despite the fact that "The Shucker" is one of the funniest episodes of the season, that does not mean it does not have its flaws. Let's start with the positive things about this episode. The cast is once again in top form. It's nice to see Cheryl Hines back. She steals every scene she is in. One thing you can definitely say is that Larry certainly knows how to cast roles in this series whether they be regulars or guests. The story with Susie getting turned on by the shucker's Stetson is rip roaring hysterical. Seeing Jeff in the cowboy boots and string tie had me laughing so hard I could not breathe. Lin Manuel Miranda is terrific as well. The scene where Larry tries to beat Lin to the desk is damn near perfect. Now the downside. Stephen Weber is usually a reliable actor. He was terrific as Brian Hackett on "Wings". However I did not think he was so great here. He did not do a bad job, but he did not come across as menacing or intimidating which made me not buy him extorting nearly $3000 from Larry. Judy Sheindlin is always boasting about how fucking smart she is on her show. Yet she makes an incredibly stupid and wrong decision in ruling against Larry. Totally out of character for the purportedly smartest person who ever lived. Still there is a lot to like about "The Shucker" which is why I have given it a positive rating. I know you talked Tahoe to Ted. Otherwise there would be no reason for Ted to talk Tahoe!