Curious George

Weekdays 8:00 AM on PBS Premiered Sep 04, 2006 In Season

Curious George Fan Reviews (24)

7.6
  • A awsome show!:D

i love this show and monkeys when it first came out i was so excited! and it didnt let me down i love george and all his cute adventures and even though im old i can still learn from him i love u george! and its funny that the boy in the country always tells george the "proper way"to do every thing!lol i call him billy properway(1st)lol hes funny that tommy proper way but enough about john poper way opps ment james pROper way (lol) george is cute and smart 4 a monkey and i love him! curious george rocks yay!
  • Very Good show

I read every Curious George book when I was in school more than once. I always enjoyed reading them I have one DVD of Curious George I still watch him on T.V.
  • Great!

Summary : The tale of Curious George is sweet and basic. George, an African monkey, is being raised by the Man in the Yellow Hat. The Man in the Yellow Hat tries very hard to care for George, however, complications frequently occur, typically George's naivety and curiosity get him and others into trouble. Curious George is a great show for younger kids, and it is also good for older people too!

Overall for Curious George A+ 10/10

Diologe Good A

Point of Show Good A 10/10.\

lol factor B+ Good 8.9/10 .

That is all for my review of the show called Curious George
  • A very well written and, based on the reviews here, underappreciated show. A continuation of the movie, the show follows the capers of a very Curious Monkey named George.

I was actually amazed to see the poor reviews this show has gotten. I have a Masters in literature and I can appreciate the wonderful subtleties and world painted by the writers in this show.

I watch this with my child quite often, and often find myself laughing right along with him at how clever some of the situations that George manages to get himself in.

Watch the show with your child, and you fill forget all of lifes problems for a half hour. I'm not sure what show my fellow reviewers were watching, but they missed the mark on this.

• A Monkey hwho has his own Movie & Show

Curious George is a head-of it's time classic with the Man in The Yellow Hat on his side there is nothing to worry about,george dose stuff we shoudln't be doing this show is a classic to all ages, the movie was good I gave that a 7.0 or an 8.0 plush it shows good exaples to childern

beleve me
  • Good show. All our kids (age 10-1) like it. Mostly it's just entertainment, nothing more. Nobody stops to think it's strange that the best freind of an adult man who always wears yellow and wears a goofy hat indoors all the time is a mischevious monkey.

Some shows teach good things. Some teach bad. This one is neither ... it's just good entertainment for kids.

Seems to appeal to a large audience ... enough that the moview was pretty successful.

Not sure why the "Max and Ruby" show get's slammed for not showing the parents of 2 little bunnies, but this gets kudos for this bizzaro scenario.

I'd rather have my young impressionable kids watch loving children raised by their grandma, than watch a nice-but-wierd single adult man and his monkey, though both shows are oaky to me. Also it's strange that people think it's cool if George is mischevious, but not cool when an adolescent bunny on "Max and Ruby" is mischeivious.
  • Curious George is a bad and good show at the same time and for these reasons...

5.5

Curious George to me is only an ok tv show.... It is bad and good for these reasons.... Good because the monkey Curious George is very cute and is a classic since the 40s when the first book was created. Bad because some and certain episodes have no future teachings for kids and sometimes kids just look at the monkey and ignore the learning which is bad. So this is why the show Curious George is a bad and good show.

• Swing!

Love the theme song as much as the show its fabulous to be curious! and much better than anything on yuck disney jr. -__-
  • Good show

It is a show that teaches kids good lessons. It is funny and entertaining, and good for kids and adults. I might be older now, but it is a good show for little kids.
  • A Little Monkey Ooing and Aweing! You can't help but go bananas for this tale of a monkey!

I love out there thigns, and this is it! Curious George is a hit show that kids, and me, will enjoy! It's actaully got upbeat adventures and at times random actions! It's animation is smooth and bright, much like the moive, and will make lil tike, and me, giggle with glee over whats going on! It's got many fun filled adventures and plots and simple smooth, clear backdrops. Characters are loveable and have backgrounds based on the books. Sounds are good and the animation is smooth. Nothing that will offend you from what I've seen, and it's really fun to watch. I personally find it enjoyable, and I'm sure little kids, and maybe you will too. ;)
  • I love it!

I know this is kinda sad, but I'm 15 and I absolutely love Curious George and even watch this TV show. I think it's really cute. George is just so lovable and cute and that helps the show. Ted (or the Man with the Yellow Hat) was nothing like himself in the movie. In the books and this TV show, he was a little more smart and scholarly, but in the Curious George movie, they pegged him as a little dumb. I hope this TV show is going to be on for a while, because I absolutely love Curious George!
  • Wounderful Series For Kids!

I think this TV show is one of the best show for kids! It is awsome to see that it it is a show that older kids like me can also enjoy! I hope this show will always air on TV and I hope that it will keep up the good work!
  • Wounderful Series For Kids!

I think this TV show is one of the best show for kids! It is awsome to see that it it is a show that older kids like me can also enjoy! I hope this show will always are on TV and I hope that it will keep up the good work!
  • Great Classic brought back to life! George has been updated for a new generation to enjoy. This shows appeals to all ages!

Great Classic! The animation has been updated for a whole new generation to enjoy. George is cuter and cuddlier! The show is fresh and will appeal to all ages including us adults. I really like the fact that George has remained true to the original. It is nice to see classics that I grew up with return for our children to enjoy! A definate must see!!! Hopefully the series will be brought out on DVD. so that it will be available to purchase in the near future. I would purchase it along with the Franklin series for collection purposes! Awesome!!!!
  • Amazing

This show was on way before I was born (I was born at the end of 1989) so I never got to see this show but I have read the books and they are excellent. A Curious George movie is coming up and I really want to go see the movie.
  • Just too cute!

I suppose I can understand why some people might hate this cartoon. It is indeed very young. But kids find it funny without realizing they're learning basic math and science. And any adult who's a kid at heart, likes kids, or especially was a fan of the books when they were little, might also find this show really cute, and maybe funny as well. The movie was ok, but I personally think the show is better. And the animated and voiced George is so much cuter than the pictures have ever been in the books. He's always a "Good little monkey", and when his curiosity does get him into unintended trouble, he learns important lessons about life, and usually fixes things before the "Man in the Yellow Hat" even finds out. It's a really cute show, might make you chuckle a time or two, and you might find yourself saying "Aww!" at times too.
  • Its Good For Little Kids.

Its about a monkey named "Curius George" with his owner "Ted"a.k.aThe man in the yellow hat"each episode
    "George (sometimes)learns something new.And it also helps little kids.And it came out after the movie.And every episode takes of on an adventure.And its a silly show.

And it,s also good for aldults to watch with kids
  • Mostly it's just entertainment for kids, nothing more. Proof we live in a pet-society. Nobody stops to think it's strange that the best freind of a nice-but-weird adult man who always wears yellow and a goofy hat (even indoors) is a mischevious monkey.

Some shows teach good things. Some teach bad. This one is neither ... it's just entertainment for kids.

• Don't expect this show to be on for a long time.

6.1
    Curious George, a fictional fiction character, an "actor" (there was a Curious George movie), and the starring character of the mediocre PBS show, Curious George. Curious George is basically Curious George books animated. In the episodes, George would normally run away from The Man with the Yellow Hat (T.M.W.T.Y.H) and cause a large amount of trouble. But, he doesn not get in trouble, because he's a monkey. Not even T.M.W.T.Y.H. has to pay a fine, have George taken back to the zoo, or go to jail. And, no episode of Curious George could be complete without some kid saying the discouraging qoute, "George is a monkey, so he can do things you CAN'T do". Although this is a kid's show, it still is an annoying piece of crap disguised as a good show.

-Lickpoop
  • ERM

i dont know why i watched it but my baby sister watches it all the time and i find it horendous !!!
    yh the monkey may be cute
    but it rubbish.
    i cant even put 100 words more its rubbish theres nothing to it.
    sorry but i cant put more than 100 words .

Your sincerly Kandice ...
  • Great show for little kids but not for us teens

5.3
    Some of you might say that this show was the worst, that is because,it is for little kids. It is suppose to teach them the importance of friends, math, and something eles. Nobody should be wacthing this show if they thought it was going to be bad. I love the books when I was little, But I think things have change over the years. Don't get me wrong I love the moive, I gave that a 10.0. but for this I wouldn't give a 2.0. because It isn't really for us. Some people like it, and that is ok, But I think it is a show for little kids to understand the surroundings in life.
  • it is influential for kids

1.5
  • not good at all

Curios George getting his own show seemed cool at first because i remember as kid loving all the curios george stories. it seem like it good be a good show about george anticsd always leading him into mischief but alas this was a sorry attempt on the curios george story. most of the show is just filled with his monkey noises such as ooh ah and stuff like that. allso peolpe keep thinking he is a kid when they cleary can tell he is a monkey. i'm not a fan of this show it could much much better than it is.