Cyber Team in Akihabara

(ended 1999)

Angus_Mac

Cyber Team in Akihabara Fan Reviews (1)

7.2
  • A cute decent anime with small pet robots who fight evil for their owners.

Okay, I saw this anime last year after it was given a MST3K/Nostalgia Critic-like treatment by a couple of anime gurus who made fun of the anime. Rather or not it was for fun or serious is beyond me but I didn't think this anime deserved to be based though. I understand this anime is no where near perfect nor is it even close to one of the greatest anime series of all time but putting this anime under a "Worst list" would just be a crime. I'd rather see Naruto or Zatch Bell on that list instead. Okay, first of all the anime is about 12 year old schoolgirl named Hibari, who is a very kind girl who gets a PataPi (a pet robot version of a digital pet) named Densuke who I must say is the cutest thing I've ever seen in an anime (Even cuter than Pikachu or Hamtaro). The pet protects her from a crazy woman with giant breasts (It's a bit of a PG-13 anime with mild language and stuff) after transforming into a woman that looks like her future self. She also has two other girl friends who also have PataPies; Suzumie, an "Mary Sue" who thinks she knows it all, Tsagumi an aggressive girl, and blonde girl with a southern accent (Yes, a southern American accent reminiscent of Bobby Hill from King of the Hill), and another pink-haired girl I have yet to see. Anyways, I've been watching this on YouTube and it's a very cute anime just not a well known one. I've been trying to hunt down a plush doll replica of Densuke on various online anime gift shops but the closest I could find is a Densuke figurine. If anyone knows where I can find one, let me know and if you do find one, you can email me. My email is blbbg1@midwestfirst.com, I'd appropriated it a lot. Anyways, that about raps up my review. I can't believe people were so harsh on this anime. What were they excepting? Another Sailor Moon? Here's to hope someday this anime is seen on TV again but I'm better getting the DVD box set off Amazon or eBay. A cute but decent anime for anyone who likes cute kawaii styled anime series with cute creatures.