Cyberchase

PBS Kids

Cyberchase Fan Reviews (30)

• Never liked it as a kid.

1.5
    As a little kid, I'd sometimes just sit down and watch it because I was too bored to even change the dang channel. I still think this show isn't that great and isn't that educational. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
  • great i guess

i like cyberchase

Like Digimon (seasons 1 & 2), Cyberchase also had a character named Matt

But the Digimon Matt grew up.
  • My favorite show as a first grader

I remember watching this when I was 7.It is aimed at a younger audience so don't expect for it to be a masterpiece,but it's a really cute show.Great educational cartoon for young children.
  • My favorite show on PBS Kids!

Out Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman, Arthur, and Wordgirl being the best shows on PBS Kids, this is my childhood. It's about three Earthlies (Matt, Jackie, and Inez) who, along with their bird pal, Digit, protect cyberspace from the evil Hacker. And this when they math FUN. Unlike Dora the Explorer, There is hardly any annoying songs, and the Earthlies NEVER break the fourth wall. It is a very funny show, the For Reals are amusing, and the theme song is very catchy. There is one major downside of this show: the stupid Flash animation. Other than that, this is an excellent educational show. Therefore, my grade for Cyberchase: 10 out of 10!
  • Why does everyone like it but me?

1.3
    Ok, one of the worst shows in History! Me and my freinds all hate this show. The acting, its bad! Matt sounds like he drank 66 cans and 37 bottles of beer! Even Jason Griffith sounds better than Matt! And Jackie sounds like she was beaten up by some local gang. And the storyline, oh god its bad. The Hacker makes a big weapon, the Cybersqaud comes and defeats him. ITS REPEATIVE! The only good thing in the show are the Colors, and has some Action and adventure, but still is a dumb show. I mean i know its aimed at 3-7 year olds, but i hate this show. a 1.3/10 for atleast good animation, and action/adventure. Nothing else. Thank You.
  • It was a great educational show before it moved to *Gulp* flash animation.

Like I said already,PBS Kids is failing to go back to his basics by showing terrible educational shows like Sid the Science Kid and The Cat and The Hat Knows a Lot About That,however,it's great shows like Arthur,Fetch! With Ruff Ruff Man and this show are saving it's life. Cyberchase is about three kids named Matt,Jackie and Inez who defend the world of cyberspace from the evil Hacker...by doing math. It may sound like a terrible idea by the minute you hear about it,but it ends up being a great educational show. First off,there is no "asking the audience questions" thing that they do in almost every educational show. These kids actually do 100% of the work themselves. They even added a little humor to the show,and most of it comes from Hacker or Digit. They are even voiced by Christopher Lloyd and Gilbert Godfried,which explains the humor. And the education doesn't lack. It actually teaches kids what they need to hear. Some of the lessons include tessalations,measuring,and many more. It was great,until it moved to flash animation,which screwed everything up. Seriously,everybody moves wayyy too slow in flash animation. It's just as bad as Caillou in flash animation. I also hate the Cyberchase for real sketches. What's the point of them? They just waste time and are extremely boring. They are only there to teach kids more about the lesson of the episode,but they just suck. Overall,this was a great educational show,but it went downhill very fast. However,it's a lot better than a lot of PBS kids show these days.
  • Better than most of the shows PBS has released as of late and a helluva lot more intelligent.

Ever since 2002 when it first premiered, "Cyberchase" has been a great fandom of mine, and that's saying something since I don't usually watch PBS Kids. At all. At least until this show premiered, anyway.

At first I was a rather cock-eyed critic of it, mainly because I was 12 at the time and classified a lot of children's shows as "stupid" or "boring" (yeah, typical behavior there). But this show somehow managed to strike a different chord with me. I don't really know why. Perhaps it was the funky "retro" animation that brought back fond memories of so many great children's shows of the past that I watched as a kid, maybe it was the non-stereotyped heroes, or maybe it was the adorable characters. But either way, whatever it was, I was immediately drawn into it. It also helped me understand math better through fun and entertainment, which pretty much got me through middle school with a good straight-A record (math was my worst subject, always has been).

Not only does it feature the voices of Christopher Lloyd--whom I knew as Judge Doom from Rodger Rabbit--and Gilbert Gottfried, who I easily recognized as Iago from Aladdin, it also sticks to the old-school style of cartoons, despite its modernized setting. There are many pratfalls to be had and all sticking along classic lines of comedy, plus a few jokes thrown in here and there. There are even a few adult ones once in a while, which I find a refreshing change. Many shows today are too busy trying to appeal to "real-life" issues, but Cyberchase just sticks to good, clean fun and education. Not only that, it also doesn't insult the viewers' intelligence like most kids' shows do; it even uses words that I had to look up in the dictionary. It appeals to everyone--adults love it, teens love it, and kids adore it! No wonder it's one of the highest-rated children's shows on television. True, there are people who dislike it (such as the guy below me) but they're usually pretty dense (see previous). It's not a kids' show that can just be kicked aside like so many of the kids' shows today.

So give it a try, and chances are, after a few episodes, you won't be disappointed.
  • Aww, it's cute.

Like I said, it's a pretty cute show. I don't watch it much anymore but my little sister adores it. The characters are cute, maybe a little goody-goody, but still cute (I'll admit that I really liked Diget when I was younger). Also, I think it's actually helped my sister get better in math. OK, maybe it's not the best cartoon out there but I like it OK, so that's why I am giving it a 7.5. Too bad that it might be getting canceled soon *sobs quietly* I think they should keep it around for at least a few more years. *sigh* Oh well.
  • Ok, maybe it's for 6-year-olds, but...

Cyberchase-we're-movin'-we're-beatin-Hacker-at-his-game.... Anyway, besides the awesome and highly catchy theme song, Cyberchase is a fun show to watch. It explains basic - 2nd through 4th grade - mathematical skills in the context of an interstellar war between good and Hacker. Yes, Hacker. Featuring well-developed characters, pretty good explanation of the mathematical concepts at hand, interesting plots (can anyone say Shari Spotter?), and, like most other shows on PBS, appreciable by a much larger audience than intended, Cyberchase is an appealing program. I don't watch it regularly anymore, but it's a great show if you want to watch kids doing math on advanced hand-held computers - and depending on your mathmatical prowess, it might teach you something, too. C-Y-B-E-R-CHASE!
  • Matt, Jackie, Inez are the three earth kids choosen to help Digit, Widgit, and Mr Marbles protect Motherboard from The Hacker and his brainless henchmen Buzz and Delete. They use forms of mathamtics and problem solving to protect Motherboard.

This shows is meant for an age group that is way below mine, but i started watching it when it first came out in 2002, and i was hooked. I love this show, all that mathamtics and problem solving does not interest me. The shows storylines interest me, i love the way they interact socially like Inez getting annoyed when Matt calls her Nezzie. The Hacker's brainless henchmen Buzz and Delete are some of my favourite characters as they are very funny and amusing and very silly. However Digit and his little pal who name is Widgit also are my favourites. This show is such a great one thats enjoyable and eductional.
  • Cyberchase was a show I watched every morning before school on CBC. They replaced it with the Doodle Bops. I really miss the show and want it to come back on CBC. AH if only I had cable.

This show is a very creative method for teaching young children about math although I am older and learning different math skills it helped me think outside the box when it came to patterns and math subjects. Interesting plots and silly stories make math fun. Some people watch the show and don't realize how much math is placed into it. Over a period of time you notice how much better your marks are and feel more confident. Cyberchase is an easy way to grasp the subject in many ways. Not only you laugh you learn and realize how it is an important factor in our lives.
  • The show of Cyberchase is like a new way to teach kids the exciting world of Math, without sleeping while your teacher is talking.

The show of Cyberchase is like a new way to teach kids the exciting world of Math, without sleeping while your teacher is talking. I've been watching Cyberchase ever since it was released. It maybe a bit too young for me, but it's facinating just watching the adventures happening. It's suspensful, educational, and definatly exciting. Just writing fanfictions relating to these adventures makes me enjoy my writing and watching the television show more. Ever since that, I've been a B average student on Math. ^^;
  • This is a really fun show to watch you can see it on PBS at 4:30 on weekdays. You will love this show once you have watched it. Right now I record Cyberchase everyday the first time I watched it I loved it. My ratings for this show is 100% .

You should watch this show if anyone who is interested. This show is about three kids named Matt,Jackie,Inez and their trying to stop someone called the Hacker and Hacker is the bad guy. Their is a computer called Motherboard she is the good guy and don't forget digit. The kids and digit work for motherboard and their in space called cyberspace. And their and planets called cybersites one of the names are Castleblanka for example. And buzz and delete work for The Hacker. Hacker like to call buzz and delete dumbspuckets. Tune in you won't regret it.
  • This show got me good at math.

This show is educational & funny at the same time. Cyberchase is about a villian named Hacker who is trying to destry Motherboard & take over Cyberspace. Motherboard then seeks the help of 3 earth children: Matt, Jackie, & Inez. They use math power to stop Hackers evil plans. This is a good show. I just hope they beat Hacker soon.
  • It is an interesting adventure with three kids named Matt, Inez, and Jackie and a cyber-boid named Digit. Together they use their mathematical reasoning to conquer and help motherboard. There's a cyborg named Hacker who wears wig gel and wants to rule the

The adventure the three kids and the cyberboid is a very funny and wonderful type of an adventure. If they put their minds to it they will accomplish and beat Hacker. If you called Hacker just "Hacker" then he'll get mad at you and tell you to called him "The Hacker". LoL.
  • This show gets better every season with new characters, funny plots lines, and the unexpected around every computer chip.

Funny...interesting....what every show needs. Cyberchase is a math-based program, and is the first hero/villain show on PBS. The majority of people think this show \'sucks\' for this reason, but I think it\'s fabulous! Where else can you find a show like this? Based in Cyberspace, Cyberchase has been nominated for at least 1 Emmy, and I agree with that nomination!
  • Hey I Like This Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The adventure the three kids and the cyberboid is a very funny and wonderful type of an adventure. If they put their minds to it they will accomplish and beat Hacker. If you called Hacker just \"Hacker\" then he\'ll get mad at you and tell you to called him \"The Hacker\". Oh Boy, Maybe Matt Can Tall Jokes.
  • It teaches math...the fun way.

This has to be the best show on PBS kids! It's funny, cool, and educational. Who knew educational television could be actually fun to watch? The idea is completly original. It has three kids on adventures to heal a computer named Motherboard and to stop a villian named The Hacker. The animation is cool and the plot is really amazing. It's a big help with math and sometimes it even teaches science. It's a really loveable show. Who doesn't love it? The theme song is so catchy and it gets better every season. If you need help in math, then watch Cyberchase.
  • To be honest, I did watched this show in middle school.

In my opinion, this is a very great show for kids. There's a lot to learn and they go step by step. It makes math fun and interesting for kids. The art for this show is very wacky and kinda colorful. Kids should also recognize the differences between good and evil too (Hacker, being the bad guy). If I was still young, I'd probably watch this every time this comes up. In elementry, I used to have a hard time in math. If this show was on back then, I'd probably be able to learn a lot from this show.
  • very influential

7.7
    Listening to the not-exactly-easy-on-the-ears voice of star Gilbert Gottfried first thing in the morning may not be what you'd want with your latte, but it's worth the sacrifice. Now in its fifth season, Cyberchase provides a dose of good-for-you TV without kids even realizing it — they're so wrapped up in kid-oriented outer-space drama they don't even register they start askijng questions and wanting to learn more abnout things like that, such as space and science. it's really influential for kids and i'd love to see my kids watching it. it's one of their first dramas and i think it opens them up into a world of excitment and drama shows
  • About 3 children and others solving problems with math (um. . .problem solving).

I think that cyberchase it good for all ages. I am like 15 years old and I enjoy watching it. It helps with math and is a good refresher for all to when they don't remember to do their math (A/N: -raises hand- Guilty!). Acc. Geometry is pretty hard but I've seen some of the stuff that we learned on Cyberchase and got more insight from it. I believe that the story line with it is good to so it's not so boring. . .I mean math is boring but this makes it alot more. . .um. . .interesting. Cyberchase is a really good show to let your kids watch. . .my little sister is 2 1/2 months old and she sits there and watches it.
  • this show is about 3 kids sucked into cyberchase who have do do motherboards bidding while she still has a virus and needs a new incriptor chip. their main problem is hacker, he and his side kicks buzz and delete always manage to stir up trouble.

right now im 15 almost 16, i love this show and i really enjoy all pbs shows.. in my grade there are still some kids without cable so when we come home it is all that is on and we fell in love with it, jackie is deffinatly my favorite because she is always so over dramatic and is a total drama queen. but the best parts about the show is how they use mathmatical skills to get out of sticky situations. your teachers always say that you will use math in your life every day and these kids are living off it. many of the things they talk about are things we still review in grade 10! also some of my favorite things are the great people they pull in to do voices tony hawk as sliders dad and al roker as Sam Vander Rom are always fun to figure out.
  • A good show...

This used to be one of my favorite shows a few years ago. Although I am now way above the age level, I still enjoy it - although I rarely watch it nowadays... It's a good show - it actually teaches people something, a thing which most of the PBS Kids shows fail to do, the plots and the characters are entertaining and cleverly planned, and it is the only show on PBS Kids I can stand ( the other shows really suck... ) . Anyway, I highly recommend it for people that actually fall under the age level ...
  • very educational and fun for all ages

I'm 15, and when I have nothing to do on a weekday afternoon, I watch Cyberchase. I think it is good for all ages. It has interesting plots and twists and turns. It is quite educational and can teach anybody about anything. They usually feature math and sciencey stuff, they should feature more on different subjects. My favorite episode is the one I have watched most recently the Snelfu Snafu. It is the one where the encoder chip is put up for auction and Mootherboard could be destroyed. It was an interesting twist to see that Hacker was the one inside the chip that the gang bought, not Motherboard. Overall, Cyberchase is an excellent show for all ages.
  • I like this show.

I like Cyberchase. I think Buzz & Delete are funny. I really like the Earth kids. My favorite episode is "Of All the Luck", where Hacker has to find the 7 lucky charms & the kids have to stop him from getting lucky. I also like the show "A Time to Cook." Hacker & Buzz are one team & Didgit & Matt are the other team. they have to cook things in extreme conditions & they have a time limit. Whoever's food is the tastiest wins.
  • It's an educational show. I like because math is my favorite subject.

I watched Cyberchase when I was about 11-12 years old. I love math, so that's why I like it. But there's more. It's funny and sweet. I wished I continue to watch it, but I love this other show, Hamtaro. Cyberchase is really great! It's a new world to be in. Right now I'm 14, and I'm trying to watch it back. I hope people watch it more, so they could be more smarter, like me! (just kidding!)
  • Meet the CyberSquad!

5.7
    In the world of Cyberchase, a classic good-versus-evil battle rages! The dastardly villain Hacker is on a mad mission to take over Cyberspace. The heroes are three curious kids determined to stop him. Their weapon: brain power.

Each episode takes the heroes on a thrilling adventure driven by a different concept – from tackling time in ancient Egyptian tombs to cracking codes in creepy caves. Kids readily learn that math is everywhere and fun to use! And even more exciting for teachers, each episode is tied to the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Standards – so it can be used to supplement a core curriculum!

Each episode wraps up with a live-action segment called For Real. Here, Harry and Bianca show kids how math can help solve life’s wacky problems in the real world.

The TV episodes and related Web and print activities help kids explore their world – and have a blast with math in their homes, neighborhoods, classrooms, or afterschool programs!

I can see why people like this show, I still don't understand it though. The show's animation is very colorful and interesting (this is one of the only reasons why I watch the show).
  • Cyberchase, motherboard, the hacker, and learning!

This show is about three kids and a bird with many crazy "cyber" creatures, which try to get rid of this virus from motherboard so cyberspace can run properly. This has a nice plotline and is accurate with computer talk and such. It’s one of my guilty pleasures because I like it, though... Harry gets annoying.
  • This show is decent

There are few things that are innoying. It seems like buzz and delete arent very loyal henchman. Digit always seems to have just what they need. Hacker has never won. Th ey need to let him win once. The creators of the show should let him have that henchman he keeps trying to bring to life
  • A team of three Earth kids -- Jackie, Matt and Inez, along with their cyberbird pal Digit (Gilbert Gottfried), team up to thwart the dastdarly doings of the villainous Hacker (Christopher Lloyd).

Great stories can take the characters anywhere the writers imagine. The villian and his bumbling henchmen are hilarious. And the recurring characters add new dimensions to the show: Shari Spotter the student sorcerer, Slider the skateboard wiz, Wicked Witch and more. Guest voices include everyone from Tony Hawk and Jasmine Guy to Bebe Neuwirth.
    This show is more than just a fun adventure in a crazy virtual world. Go online and you'll find one of the most exciting Web sites associated with any cartoon. Games change daily with each episode, there's a schedule that's customized for local viewing, backstory, the Cyberchase Club, and an immersive Web game called the Quest.
    Of course Cyberchase is also about math. And the parents and teachers Web site is packed with creative ways to use Cyberchase to teach.
PBS