D. Gray-Man Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2008)

Confirmation that D.Gray-man Episode 103 is the end

knowledgeseeker

[1]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 21

It was confirmed in the preview for episode 103 that it will be the series finale. It will probably have D.Gray-man just end like the anime companies had Inuyasha, Zatch Bell, Bobobo, Ramna, Tsubasa, and many others.

However, hope is not lost because there can be a renewal later on like there have been for some other animes, such as Slayers, Fullmetal Alchemist (currently a new anime is in production), Tales of Symphonia: The Animation, and xxxHolic. It could also be brought back to life through OVAs like Tsubasa, Ramna, and HunterXHunter.

I am certain that with enough fan support (which D.Gray-man does have), I think we may see something in the future.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ClamRoutine

[2]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 19
    I hope Stitch ends by next April, and the Wed. 7:30pm slot is given to DGM.
    Edited on 09/26/2008 11:42pm

knowledgeseeker

[3]Sep 26, 2008
    ClamRoutine wrote:
    I hope Stich ends by next April, and the Wed. 7:30pm slot is given to DGM.

What is Stich exactly? Before you mentioned it, I never heard of it.

ClamRoutine

[4]Sep 27, 2008
    knowledgeseeker wrote:
    ClamRoutine wrote:

I misspelled the word, it's supposed to be "Stitch".

knowledgeseeker

[5]Sep 27, 2008
    ClamRoutine wrote:
    knowledgeseeker wrote:
    ClamRoutine wrote:

Don't tell me it is a Japanese dub of Lilo and Stitch the series.

ClamRoutine

[6]Sep 28, 2008
    knowledgeseeker wrote:
    ClamRoutine wrote:

It's not quite the dub version of it, but it is a made-in-Japan version of of it.

dragonninjanine

[7]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    knowledgeseeker wrote:

It was confirmed in the preview for episode 103 that it will be the series finale. It will probably have D.Gray-man just end like the anime companies had Inuyasha, Zatch Bell, Bobobo, Ramna, Tsubasa, and many others.

However, hope is not lost because there can be a renewal later on like there have been for some other animes, such as Slayers, Fullmetal Alchemist (currently a new anime is in production), Tales of Symphonia: The Animation, and xxxHolic. It could also be brought back to life through OVAs like Tsubasa, Ramna, and HunterXHunter.

I am certain that with enough fan support (which D.Gray-man does have), I think we may see something in the future.

so d gray man got a chance of comin backk

knowledgeseeker

[8]Sep 28, 2008
    ClamRoutine wrote:
    knowledgeseeker wrote:
    ClamRoutine wrote:

It's not quite the dub version of it, but it is a made-in-Japan version of of it.

I guess the concept of Lilo and Stitch became pretty popular in Japan. Just like Death Note became really popular here, and we are supposedly making an American movie for it.

dragonninjanine wrote:
    knowledgeseeker wrote:

so d gray man got a chance of comin backk

It is not a guarantee, but I do think that D.Gray-man has a chance.

dragonninjanine

[9]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 9
    http://cjblackwing.wordpress.com/2008/08/26/dgray-man-anime-possibly-ending/i dont know now if its ending caz i read it from this website and make sure u read the comments caz they said tha its put on hiatus

drezkel

[10]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 5

I think that the main reason of the suspention of D.Gray-Man is because of the insignificant distance between the story of the manga and the anime. So they, maybe, are only giing sometime to let the manga advance, and don't give such bad finish such as in Shaman King (which anime advance faster than the manga giving us such a lame finish).

The most probable thing is that thay will do something like what happened with Naruto (But without such long filler).

Z3Relic03

[11]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    drezkel wrote:

I think that the main reason of the suspention of D.Gray-Man is because of the insignificant distance between the story of the manga and the anime. So they, maybe, are only giing sometime to let the manga advance, and don't give such bad finish such as in Shaman King (which anime advance faster than the manga giving us such a lame finish).

The most probable thing is that thay will do something like what happened with Naruto (But without such long filler).

Yeah, I think that has to be the main reason for it ending as well. The show was absolutely great when it WASNT in fillers, but frankly the fillers weren't that good, and I think it ruined some of the characters personalities in comparisons to the manga. I seriously wanted to slap Lenalee around because of those fillers.

Oh yeah and as for more hope that it could be back, even a rumored Inuyasha OVA is in the works. Word of that came out a couple of months ago.

knowledgeseeker

[12]Oct 1, 2008
    dragonninjanine wrote:
    http://cjblackwing.wordpress.com/2008/08/26/dgray-man-anime-possibly-ending/i dont know now if its ending caz i read it from this website and make sure u read the comments caz they said tha its put on hiatus

It sounds great, but I do not think we should automatically believe it.

Z3Relic03 wrote:
    drezkel wrote:

I think that the main reason of the suspention of D.Gray-Man is because of the insignificant distance between the story of the manga and the anime. So they, maybe, are only giving sometime to let the manga advance, and don't give such bad finish such as in Shaman King (which anime advance faster than the manga giving us such a lame finish).

Yeah, I think that has to be the main reason for it ending as well. The show was absolutely great when it WASNT in fillers, but frankly the fillers weren't that good, and I think it ruined some of the characters personalities in comparisons to the manga. I seriously wanted to slap Lenalee around because of those fillers.

Oh yeah and as for more hope that it could be back, even a rumored Inuyasha OVA is in the works. Word of that came out a couple of months ago.

I talked to Funimation at the New York Anime festival, and they are hoping for some sort of D.Gray-man continuation as well. They were just as disappointed as me that the show was coming to an end as well.

Llama_guy

[13]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 53
    I think it was canceled because of low ratings (in Japan, mind). Noticed how they advertised that thingy where people should fill out a form/questionnaire/whatever at the end of some episodes? It was to get viewers' opinions, most likely to ascertain whether it was good enough to continue (at some later stage) or not. Which means, as I said, they probably canceled it because of low ratings

knowledgeseeker

[14]Oct 2, 2008
    Llama_guy wrote:
    I think it was canceled because of low ratings (in Japan, mind). Noticed how they advertised that thingy where people should fill out a form/questionnaire/whatever at the end of some episodes? It was to get viewers' opinions, most likely to ascertain whether it was good enough to continue (at some later stage) or not. Which means, as I said, they probably canceled it because of low ratings

I doubt it was because of low ratings. If that was the case, the show would have been cancelled much sooner and the DVDs would not have sold as well as they have been doing in Japan.

TheRougeMonk16

[15]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    if the d. gray-man really was ended that would suck. The creators would have ruined a great anime. The ending(final five minutes) were just plain terrible in my humble opiion.

knowledgeseeker

[16]Oct 10, 2008
    TheRougeMonk16 wrote:
    if the d. gray-man really was ended that would suck. The creators would have ruined a great anime. The ending(final five minutes) were just plain terrible in my humble opiion.

The way I see it, they left it open to a possible continuation in OVAs or a renewal. It is relatively more common for incomplete animes to get a continuation, same holds true for HunterXHunter, Tsubasa, and Ramna 1/2.