D. Gray-Man Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2008)

D.Gray-man will be going back on hiatus, but for a different reason.

knowledgeseeker

[1]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 21

Yes. That is correct that D.Gray-man will be going on hiatus, but it is not because of health problems. I heard from the people in Onemanga that Katsura Hoshino is being sued for plagiarism. I am not completely sure, but a lot of those people are saying that is the case and that might be the reality. Apparently, some of the abilities of the half-akuma people are a little too similar to another person's manga. I really hope this gets taken care of soon, however, lawsuits can take a long time to get taken care of, and it is unknown if she will be allowed to even write any new chapters until this is taken care of. Hopefully, the case will be dropped and/or a settlement can be reached.

To be honest, I am a little worried that this lawsuit could even cause her to lose her job. Luckily for her, D.Gray-man is a very popular manga in both Japan and the West, so it is less likely for that to happen, but it is still a possibility. At the very least, it is not a health problem because if it was, I would be very worried about her overall condition. As I said before, hopefully the hiatus will not be too long.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ClamRoutine

[2]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 19
    Others say it might not be the cause, since the sketches of chapters would have to go through the editors of the WJ magazine before being published anyways, and therefore that chapter wouldn't have been published if plagiarism's occured. Oh well, back to waiting.

knowledgeseeker

[3]Apr 25, 2009

ClamRoutine wrote:
    Others say it might not be the cause, since the sketches of chapters would have to go through the editors of the WJ magazine before being published anyways, and therefore that chapter wouldn't have been published if plagiarism's occured. Oh well, back to waiting.
    Hopefully, the others may be right. After all, I have no basis for that rumor outside of those Onemanga people.

What do the other people say is the reason?

ClamRoutine

[4]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 19
    They say she needs to finish up some work in preparation for volume 18's release in June, or maybe just taking a longer Golden Week (Japan holidays) break.

amber_jahn

[5]May 1, 2009
    • level: 12
    According to OneManga it looks like the author is sick this time so it might be awhile before we get any new chapters

knowledgeseeker

[6]May 1, 2009
    amber_jahn wrote:
    According to OneManga it looks like the author is sick this time so it might be awhile before we get any new chapters

I found that out as well. Apparently the whole suing thing was nothing more than speculation, but it wouldn't really seem that far off when you saw some of those comparisons. She did put her own spin on things, but saying its plagiarism is arguable.

Despite that, she must have the worst luck. Over a year ago, she was sick, last November she broke her wrist, and now she is sick again. It must be terrible.

KingofIPirates

[7]May 16, 2009
    • level: 32
    knowledgeseeker wrote:
    amber_jahn wrote:

I found that out as well. Apparently the whole suing thing was nothing more than speculation, but it wouldn't really seem that far off when you saw some of those comparisons. She did put her own spin on things, but saying its plagiarism is arguable.

Despite that, she must have the worst luck. Over a year ago, she was sick, last November she broke her wrist, and now she is sick again. It must be terrible.
    I agree it's terrible news, hopefully she'll be able to get back on her feet. I also hope she is able to maintain her health and not become injury prone like Tracy McGrady