D. Gray-Man Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2008)

Is this show worth getting back into

jbones31874

[1]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 6

I watched up to episode 56. I enjoyed season 1. However, I didn't enjoy season 2 as muh because I felt the plot kind of dragged on far too long (destroying the heart, etc). And that it didn't feel as intense and dynamic as season 1, so I figured episode 56 was a good stopping point (for reasons that would lead to spoilers).

So my question for people who have continued watching the series, is this show worth getting back into or has it gone downhill? Has the same plot has dragged on far too long, and has the show lost its luster from season 1?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jbones31874

[2]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 6

For example what I felt took away from the quality of the show was in season 1, level 2 akuma were a force to be reckon with. However by season 2 and where I left off in season 3 they were getting destroyed way too easily. And the the Noah became the force to be reckon with. That's why I felt the show started to become too redunent, which made me lose interest.

So does the show become more dynamic after episode 56? Meaning the battles are intense and the plot thickens or does this displacing of what to be reckon with and same redunent plot continue?

ClamRoutine

[3]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 19
    Episode 52 is where the show really starts to be good, and becomes more distinguished.
    The first two seasons, to me, is a bit too FMA-like.

dragonninjanine

[4]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 9

yea i recommend u to watch the episode 56 and the episode after caz it gets really good and unpredictable and the fights get crazier and it also has alot of crazy twists trust me watch episode 56 and after i promise u will enjoy it

knowledgeseeker

[5]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 21
    This show is definitely worth getting into. The first season was good. The second season had many ups and downs due to the high number of fillers. However, the third and the fourth season have been consistently good.

Llama_guy

[6]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 53
    Well, most of season 2 was filler, so that explains its boredom factor. However, from season 3 and onwards, the show gets amazing! An intricate plot, great portrayal of the characters' struggles, it's just so good! Take my word, continue watching D.Gray-Man!

SuperBandit

[7]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    The first two seasons are far more episodic, and rather meh. From 52 upwards, it's pretty much all on one track, and that's when it gets really good. Despite being a pretty typical shonen, it really does get a lot better. It's much like a fusion between Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist, in my opinion.

knowledgeseeker

[8]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 21
    SuperBandit wrote:
    The first two seasons are far more episodic, and rather meh. From 52 upwards, it's pretty much all on one track, and that's when it gets really good. Despite being a pretty typical shonen, it really does get a lot better. It's much like a fusion between Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist, in my opinion.

I think that even though it does have some elements of previous shows, that it did grow into its own, but I definitely agree that it reminds me of Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist.