D. Gray-Man Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2008)

Official Comments on the Four Main character relationships

knowledgeseeker

[1]Aug 13, 2009
    • level: 21

Recently, some fans did a fan translation of Hoshino's comments on the main character's (Allen, Lenalee, Lavi, and Kanda) relationships.

Allen/Lenalee: She confirmed that Allen has romantic feelings for Lenalee, but she did not comment on how Lenalee feels or how she would react.

Allen/Lavi: Good friends and plans to keep it that way.

Allen/Kanda: We all know they do not really like each other, but she really emphasised that.

Lenalee/Lavi: If Lavi is feeling any romantic feelings for Lenalee, it is one-sided.

Lenalee/Kanda: They have a brother-sister relationship

Lavi/Kanda: Despite everything, they are friends.

Most of these comments were pretty much what I was expecting. However, when it came to the Allen/Lenalee relationship, I thought she would have confirmed if Lenalee had a crush on Allen (which is what a number of us readers have expected).

I also thought that she would say that Allen and Kanda have a certain level of respect for each other or they do not really dislike each other as much as it seems. However, I guess they really do dislike each other that much.

Any other thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ayane_Isuzu

[2]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 6
    To me, Kanda is kind of a cold fish who doesn't make friends easily. But his coldness was explained somewhat by his visit to the Asian Branch and Bak's insistence on apologizing. His antipathy towards Allen stems largely from their contentious first meeting and then Allen's interfering in his dispute with the Finders. There could also be a bit of jealousy involved: Kanda had to struggle to be chosen by the Innocence, and here comes this little snot-nosed punk who was born with it, plus he has that eye which helps him tell who is Akuma. His risk taking and nearly getting killed during his first mission only deepened Kanda's negative view of Allen. Perhaps now that Allen is gradually becoming a more seasoned Exorcist, Kanda MIGHT have a smidgeon of grudging respect for the kid. I say MIGHT because he doesn't think much of Allen's attitude of going all out to save Akuma souls. I don't remember if Kanda knows Allen is also the host for the 14th's memories, that knowledge Allen might suddenly turn on his comrades could destroy any modicum of trust between them.

amber_jahn

[3]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 12

Ayane_Isuzu wrote:
    I don't remember if Kanda knows Allen is also the host for the 14th's memories, that knowledge Allen might suddenly turn on his comrades could destroy any modicum of trust between them.

All the principle Exorcists know about Allen and the 41th, they were told by Komui and Rouvelier in chp. 170 pg 6

Edited on 09/13/2009 3:52pm

HihioListern

[4]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 2

Ayane_Isuzu wrote:
    Kanda MIGHT have a smidgeon of grudging respect for the kid.
    Yeah, it's a MIGHT. But I love all the relationships and her comments were what I expect too.