D. Gray-Man

TV Tokyo (ended 2008)

D. Gray-Man Fan Reviews (19)

• It's very well written. One of the best anime/manga I have watched/read

@ shadowysea07, Please do some search before showing you don't know anything. How can you say she stole two characters?!!! Those series that you have mentioned have stolen the characters designs and personalities. was created in 2004. Blood+ and tales of legendia were created in 2005. Those series and characters you claim Allen and Lenalee are the copies of them are created after so they are the ones that are the copies of Allen and Lenalee. I don't like Allen's hair which is like Sasuke, because he's my least favorite character while Allen is one of my favorite characters. I've watched Blood+. Lenalee is nothing like Saya. She's much better than uninteresting character. The story is dark and rather tragic, so if don't like these kinds of stories, simply don't watch it, instead of hating on the story.

@clearwater04, Actually that's why he's one of the few good main characters. We don't need main characters like Ichigo, Naruto or Luffy who are so stupid (I don't say Allen's very smart but he's smarter than those three) or more powerful than anyone. If you mean by better main characters, characters like them, I'm truly sorry. He is a unique main character. I don't know what do you mean by Allen's face being unoriginal. You talk as if anime characters are very different in general. So many anime characters looks similar to each other. Originality or vise versa means so little in anime/manga world. At least Hoshino's work is much more beautiful than Naruto and One Piece. Her artwork is one the best artworks I've seen in the Manga world. What do you mean by Kanda's name being the dumbest name? It's just a name!
  • SO SAD!!!

I absolutely LOVED this show from the very start. I would have to say it is one of my favourite anime and I am really sad that they cancled it. I tried my hardest to see if there were more episodes but it seems like there's not. I've just finished watching it for the second time and I am really upset about the fact that there's no more episodes. I know there's the manga but I don't want to read it. I liked the anime to much to read the manga and the thought of reading makes me a bit annoyed. I have nothing against manga but the way this show used it's music and colour and everything made me sick to think of reading the manga without those attributes. I'm really going to miss this show and I will always have a happy memory of Allen and Timcanpy. As for the other characters although they have their good moments they annoy and bore me sometimes. Except for Kanda. He's awesome. AND ROAD! I love Road and Tykki! They're so cool and I kind of wanted Road and Allen to get together. ;)

Goodbye D. Gray-Man! :'(

• its unoriginallity and chopped up plot lead to its being cancelled

It would of been so much better if it had been more organized. It also prettymuch stole two of its main characters. lenalee is a copy of seiya from blood plus and allen is a copy of senel coolidge from tales of legendia videogame. Then they later change allens hair to resemble sasukes. Then theres yu kanda who they never explain anything about him at all. They use a special crystal called innocence which allows them to gain superpowers as long as they obey it. it causes the user great pain and sadness so overall it sucks pretty much. the show had low ratings and was cancelled but the manga i believe is still ongoing.
  • Pretty much the best anime of all time

I'm not what people would call an "animaniac", a fan of anime that is, not the weird cartoon show. I prefer cartoons more than anime, although I must admit that anime is very good, but anyway, I believe D.Gray-Man is the best anime I've ever watched. Its songs are decent, unlike Naruto (no offence there, but the songs are pretty bad), and its plotline is marvellous. Though most people are put off by Allen's "rotten hand and demonic eye", I find them the main highlight of the show, the fact that lead characters don't always have to look perfect. Allen is also different from many anime in that he's nice, polite, does not want to stick out in the limelight, and never fails to grin, even in times of trouble. That is different from the typical shonen anime where the lead is reckless, somewhat stupid, annoying but possesses some natural ability that's special from others which makes him, grudgingly, the lead. Some examples include Naruto, Ash from Pokemon, the goggle boys from Digimon (especially Daisuke of Digimon Adventure 2) and many more, I'm positive. Allen, on the other hand, is so sweet that I feel he deserves some credit for just being the way he is.
    I've written enough now, and feel so much better for expressing my passion for this anime.
  • D. Gray-Man is about a boy named Allen Walker, he has a special wepon called innocence ,and his left eye is cursed and allows him to see the demons.So he joins something called the Dark order. And it's MOSTLY about his missions he goes on and what happens

I think D. Gray-Man is a pretty good show. The character are interesting and also have great designs. The plot is (to me) very interesting, i like the whole exorcists, destroy the all the demon/akuma,the Millennium Earl/Noahs, and my favorite part is the innocence, anti-akuma wepons thing they got going on (Allen's crown clown will probably look totally awesome, i also liked his huge metal claw/arm/wepon thing).
    I also love the Noah clan (they're awesome).
    I think the coolest characters are: Tyki Mikk (his "black side"), Allen W., " Jasdebii" (Jasdero and Debitto/David. Both Noahs),Road K., and Lenalee.

I give D. Gray-Man a 9.9 (or a 10 i guess. I don't really care which one it is, it's still extraspectacularisticly awesome;)
  • I love this anime!!! My new best friend!!!!

This anime is about a 15 year old called Allen Walker. He works for the headquarters called Black Order. He has a cursed arm and eye that can fight and see akuman in a human being's body. A akuma is a machine that is being created by the Milliniium Earl~~!!!So Allen who is an exorcist who fighhts the akuma and saved the world with his comrades Lenalee Lee, Lavi, Krory and Kanda Yu(I think).He has this power called innocence to destroy the akuma.

Allen Walker~Cursed Arm and eye! (Crowned Clown)
    Lenalee Lee~Legs(Dark Boots)
    Lavi~Hammer(dont know what it is called)
    Krory~Teeth(dont know what it is called)
    Kanda Yu~sword(Mugen)

A 10 outof 10 anime~~!!!

I recommend to everyone who likes supernatural comedy horror action and adventure!!!
  • D.Gray-Man is kick ass!!

D.Gray-Man is one of the Ultimate animes every in the history of the world! Allen Walker is my favorite character and he is very funny sometimes time. And his Anti-Akuma weapon is so cool! My second favorite character is Lavi. His hammer is awesome and it's cool that he can make it transform and stuff. And he is extremely funny. All the Anti-Akuma weapons in the Black Order really cool like Kanda's sword and Linali's Dark Boots. But, I do not like how eveyone calls Allen a "Beansprout" Seriously it is not nice. Anyways, the coats of the Black Order are pretty kick ass too. To sum all this **** up,watch it, damn it! It rules!
  • Absolutely phenomenal. Everything about D Gray-Man is incredible. I can't get over how great it is.

"Exorcist- The one summoned by God... Burying chaos as darkness assembles."
    D Gray-Man is the exhilarating story of Allen Walker, a young exorcist, and his friends & comrades. Each and every day, they face life-threatening dangers that you and I can't begin to imagine. Their goal is simple: to rid the world of it's evil; evil that is mainly caused by The Millennium Earl and the Noah clan. For exorcists, defeat isn't an option. Destroying all evil is the only path that lies ahead in their eyes. I think that's part of why I love this show so much. The messages & morals are so strong. They really make you stop and think about life and how you can live it more to its fullest potential. I've learned a lot of things from this series. It doesn't matter what other people think or what they might say, if a person is knowingly doing something to cause pain towards another human being, under no circumstances is that right and they must be stopped. No one should have to go through that type of purposely infflicted pain, ever. Also, no matter what problems or situations come before me I know I have to be strong and keep on walking. The only thing to do is work through it head on. I'm so completely head over heels in love with this show! Nothing will ever be able to compare to it. It's on a complete different level than anything else. It redefines what animation can do and portrays things in an interesting new way. The unique and beautiful concept of vanquishing evil just gets to me, and they way the characters are so strong willed always puts a smile on my face. D Gray-Man is just an all-over incredible series. It's one of the most action-packed, suspensful, touching, tear-jerking, heart-felt, captivating, hilarious, and emotional shows I've watched. I can't count how many times I've cried during this series! Each episode has some sort of point or purpose, and I really don't understand why people complain about it having such 'long' fillers. Let's face it: Every great show needs to take a tiny break from the action! Haha, I think the fillers can be refreshing. If it was too intense and full of constant action it wouldn't be as great as it is. The characters are truly astonishing, good lord I'm not even sure where to begin on this subject! Nothing but the best. They all have their own very distinct personalities and backgrounds, some will make you laugh & some will make you cry. I've misjudged a lot of them because of the things they would say, but once you learn about where they came from and what they've been through, things seem to clear up about who they really are. Basically the characters are described insanely well. Haha, even their innocence seems to describe them in a way. I've decided that Allen Walker will remain my personal hero for the rest of my life. If anyone deserves to be called a hero, it is definitely him. To overcome a tragic past like his and still have a bright outlook on life is unbelievable. Allen lost everything he had right before his eyes in a matter of mere seconds, and he suffered more than you and I can ever imagine. Despite all of that, he keeps his head up and always looks for the good in people. Allen stands for justice and without a second thought he'd lay his life on the line for a friend. He's such a dedicated and strong person, I just can't believe that he can be so together after with his awful past always trailing right behind him. He's truly an amazing person. I guess what I'm trying to say is that D Gray-Man is the best. It's perfect, and it'll always be number 1 for me. If you haven't tried watching yet, change that as soon as you possibly can! It will be worth your while. You'll probably be hooked by the first episode like I was!
  • About this anime (D.Gray Man). The reason why I love this anime.

D.Gray-man (ディーグレイマン, Dī Gureiman) is an ongoing Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Katsura Hoshino. The series tells the story of a boy named Allen Walker who becomes able to use an ancient substance called Innocence, and becomes an exorcist by joining The Black Order in order to collect all the Innocence that is lost in the world alongside other exorcists and to defeat the Earl of Millennium and his horde of Akuma. Many of the series characters are Exorcists, but others are from the Clan of Noah, the opposition to these Exorcists, like Road Kamelot, Tyki Mikk, Lulubell and Jasdevi. But a variety belong to neither group, like Komui Lee and Malcom C. Leverrier. However, both sides carry out what they believe is the will of God and claim the other follows a false god or the devil. * Allen Walker (アレン・ウォーカー, Aren Wōkā) is 15 and an Exorcist of British origin and the main protagonist of the series. Allen was abandoned by his biological parents because of the supposed "deformity" of his left arm and later adopted by Mana Walker. Later, Mana died and Allen turned him into an Akuma, hoping him to be fully resurrected but instead, he cursed Allen and sliced through his left eye. It was at this same moment that Allen's left arm first awoke as an anti-Akuma weapon and instinctively destroyed the Akuma. He now fights for the souls of the Akuma and for his friends. He is voiced by Sanae Kobayashi.
  • my best animation show ever

its my best animation show up till now. i started watching it after naruto and bleach but it became my best because the events in d.gray man is unexpected and there is alot of mystery that evertone is waiting to be known and thats what makes the show exciting and attractive. the sound tracks is great and its one of the best. the other characters in the show also plays a big role in the show and they are also ahuge factor to suppoet the show unlike other shows who depend completely on the main character. i hope everybody like the show as i do
  • Love this anime!!

Set during the end of a nineteenth century on a fictional Earth, D.Gray-man mostly centers around 15-year-old Allen Walker, who is gifted with the ability to control a weaponized form of a divine substance from ages past, called Innocence, and becomes an Exorcist of the Black Order. This secretive organization aims to stop the plan set in motion by the Millennium Earl to destroy all life on Earth, thus 'cleansing' it. But the Earl has raised an army of Akuma, created by taking advantage of grief over a loved one's death, and summoned the direct descendants of Noah himself, the 13-strong Noah family, to aid him in his second attempt. Because of the Akuma's ability to wear a human's skin, they are nearly undetectable by any human. Allen proves to be a powerful asset as his 'cursed' left eye is able to detect the Akuma. But soon, this battle nearly turns into a race to collect the 109 Innocence fragments, scattered since the Great Flood of Noah, as the search to find the most powerful Innocence, the 'Great Heart', ensues.
  • So original the bestest out of em all!!!And Awesome characters!!!

There really is no way to explain how shocked I was by how amazing this show was!!! I want them to bring it back,Or make a movie or somthing to close it!! It kinda pissed me off to watch the last episode and Want so much more!!!But a good thing is that it will be out dubbed in english so I will have a reason to watch it again!YAY!!This show is like the Dragon ball Franchise...You will never forget it! It needs to be higher on the top animation list...Fureally!Maybe they will realize that america loves it (when it comes out here and is more more widely spread)they will bring it back....We'll have to see what what they are planning :D
  • I still don't get the title but despite that this is still great.

The show is about Allen Walker a young man who lives in the late nineteenth century and is blessed with the power of innocence and cursed with a demons left eye.As such Allen becomes an exorcist for the black order, a group who use innocence as weapons to hunt and destroy demons who take on human forms.

This is a great show that was based on a manga of the same name. I confess to being reluctant about it when I first started as the plot is similar to many other animes but I was wrong. The 19th century setting along with the more ensemble- nature of the cast makes this a really good show. My only complaint in fact is that the show ended too abruptly, and without a proper conclusion but if you don't mind that then this is really great.
  • D. Gray Man is a show that revolves around Allen Walker an exorcist. Exorcists are humans embodied/equipped with innocence to fight things called Akuma. Akuma are weapons used by The Millennium Earl to combat the exorcists.

D. Gray Man is truly the work of some author's twisted mind. It shows just how much people can twist the past. But it's a great show as long as you keep in mind the fact that its fiction. Lol. It the perfect show for any anime lover. It has war, killing, blood, and girls in short skirts. It's really funny especially concerning Allen. He is soo cute and is my most favourite character. I always love when he and Kanda fight. Too bad the anime ended . But never fair the manga is still ongoing. Maybe they'll come back with it again like they did with Vampire Knight. Lol or maybe after they're done with the dubbed version they'll come up with a movie. D. GRAY MAN FOREVER.
  • This show is about a young boy who founds out he can become what is called an Exorcist because he has a strange power called "Innocence" in his left arm. This was said to be given to him, and many other Exorcists by God himself to help fight evil forces.

In my opinion, this is a fantastic show. Maybe some parts are taken from other successful animes, but the show itself is excellent. It has a mixture of action, romance, and even a little bit of the good old Japanese comedy. Put together, you create D Gray Man, which is a show that will get you hooked on the first episode. Some filler may be found throughout this long series, but, that is just to get you away from the deep plot. I mean, it is good to get a break from that isn't it and just kick back, relax, and watch a random moment of D. Gray Man. But although it can be funny, this show has more sad than funny moments. Allen has a sad past that brought him into the whole conflict of Exorcists vs. demons. These demons are created by the Millenium Earl who creates them off of people's misery after their loved one dies. The demon eats the deceased's face to come to life. Helping him with his quest to rule the world, are the Noah. They are powerful, evil beings that help eliminate the Exorcists in the way of the Earl's world domination.
  • Extraordinary anime/show!!!

• Another great anime...

Allen Walker is a teenage boy that has the power of an exorcist.In other words he is able to fight against Akuma, souls that have been implanted by the millenium Earl, a person that wants to destroy earth, into soulless dolls that act under his command.One day his master sends him to the exorcist's HQ so that he may officially become one.After a misunderstanding and a trial he becomes one and starts doing missions along with Yuu Kanda, Lavi and Lenalee Lee, three other exorcists. Will Allen be able along with the rest exorcists to stop the Millenium Earl's evil plans?
  • Great show and revovles around Allen Walker a exorcist who could kill Akuma.

If this show out of any posible chance would be advertise more, it woukd be one of the top animation thier is today. It is better the a lot of any other animate and its story line is great. It sort of has a resemblece to Bleach and it involves a lot of fighting in it. Its based on this kid just like Inchigo in Bleach that could kill monsters call Akuma (which are souls of dead humans) and his job is to kill them for the soul to rest in peace. Thier is more to the story; which I am going to leave to u to check it out. Hopefully this convinces some of u to see it.
  • From what I've seen so far its a pretty good show. The fighting could be improved upon along with the characters abilities but besides that nothing to complain about.

The animation is really good. Allen Walker is okay as a main character but I've seen better. To me for someone who's supposed to fight evil He seems to weak. I hate it when the bad guys just let the good guys escape unharmed and vise versa. To me it only makes that ep a filler ep. The dumest name I've seen in my entire history of watching anime is yu kanda. I'm sorry but they had to have been wasted to have given someone such a name. Also Allen Walker's face design is unoriginal. I also think they could of made lenalee a much more capable fighter with her leg greaves. She could of been used much more. Allen walkers abilities are copied from trigun and enchanted arms
    So that leaves Kanda and Lavi as the only 2 characters with unique abilities. All in all its more of the same and few parts are original. The hammer could be considered a cheap knockoff of goku's staff in dbz. Power pole extend