Da Vinci's Inquest Forums

CBC (ended 2005)

A 'newbie' to Davinci's Inquest... some questions.

graciemag1

[1]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 10

I just started watching with episode "the bridge", and this series has me hooked.  I'm disapointed I didn't catch the first 9 episodes first, but at least I've found this great series.  Does anyone know whether it was ever on american TV during the time between 1998 and 2005, when it was still running on CBC?  I live in Florida and accidently caught my first episode on a late saturday night on local station.  I have also discovered it on WGN and have caught a few episodes from #52 on. 

I was surprized this forum was so empty.  This is a well done show, more people need to be discovering it. 

I'll check back here to see if anyone is still looking at questions in this forum.   If not, maybe I'll send a pm to one of the other people who answered the only post on the main forum page.  Thanx, gracie.

Edited on 03/17/2007 8:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bella172

[2]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    Hello!! I have been watching this show also for a short time on my local station.  I don't think this show aired on American TV until recently.  As far as I know this awesome show aired on CBC only.  I could be wrong.  I never miss an episode now. This is show is great!  Have a nice week!

asorokop

[3]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    You will be happy to know that they have just released the first season on DVD.  It  is uncut, which is nice.

graciemag1

[4]Mar 6, 2007
    thanks for the info, I'm gonna rent it at Blockbuster!
    Have a great day!

BRAH

[5]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 4
    graciemag1 wrote:

I just started watching with episode "the bridge", and this series has me hooked.  I'm disapointed I didn't catch the first 9 episodes first, but at least I've found this great series.  Does anyone know whether it was ever on american TV during the time between 1998 and 2005, when it was still running on CBC?  I live in Florida and accidently caught my first episode on a late saturday night on local station.  I have also discovered it on WGN and have caught a few episodes from #52 on. 

I was surprized this forum was so empty.  This is a well done show, more people need to be discovering it. 

I'll check back here to see if anyone is still looking at questions in this forum.   If not, maybe I'll send a pm to one of the other people who answered the only post on the main forum page.  Thanx, gracie.

The show was Canada-exclusive from 1998-2005. Because of it's enormous success in Canada (in all honesty, the most successful Canadian-produced drama of all time), Premium Partners decided to package up the show's full run, and syndicate it in the U.S. It airs weekends on various broadcast affiliates all over the U.S., and airs weekdays on cable's WGN.

Season 8 ("Da Vinci's City Hall"), premiere's tommorrow on WGN!

graciemag1

[6]May 7, 2007

Thanx BRAH, I just love this show. I feel so deprived that it wasn't available in the states all these years! But at least now it is. They are going to show all 13 eps of City Hall and not just the 8 mentioned in the newsletter. I know WGN is starting season 1 from the beginning again after the current season "8" is shown. if interested, You can sign up for the newsletter by going to davincisinquest.tv

Edited on 05/07/2007 1:19pm

TelFan7

[7]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 6
    This is the best Canadian show I've seen, followed by "An American in Canada" imho.

kopeckee

[8]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 20
    Just finish watching the 1st season .. its on every Sunday in the early am here in new york area. 130 am .. Very good.... ....

janeladams

[9]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 1
    I am so happy that people are still finding DaVincis Inquest. It is not easy. It was first on at 11:00 am and now it is on at 2:00 am on Sunday. At least the first year it was on every day and I grew so attached to all these people that I was almost obsessed and I now still watch at 2:00 because my recorder is broken. You can also buy the first three seasons on DVD. Nick Campbell won all kinds of awards including their top one, the Gemini, and so did the other actors, directors, writers, even the musicians, for the several years it was on. It is the most realistic show I have ever seen and in my opinion the best there is. There is also a CD out. I is the soundtrack of DVI and it is called "Sessions" . Y can get the DVDs at Amazon though so they might now have the CD there or at Amazon.ca . Enjoy yourself and join the many of us fans who would rather see reruns of DVI than the new glossy American shows,

Placebo_obecalP

[10]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 13

Definitely one of the finest shows I've ever watched. I'm still building my collection via Emule, so far I have:

Season 1 complete

Season 2 complete

Season 3 complete

Season 4 complete except for the final episode (13).

Season 5 currently being filled from Emule,6 down so far.

Season 6 complete except for the final episode (13).

Season 7 none yet

Da Vinci's City Hall Season 1 none yet

The Quality of Life: A Dominic Da Vinci Movie not found yet

I'm averaging watching about 5 episodes a week, so far I'm up to Season 4 Episode 3

DavidEdwards5

[11]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 1

Currently you can see the first 9 episodes on Hulu