Da Vinci's Inquest Forums

CBC (ended 2005)

Seventh Season End? (sort of a spoiler, but not really)

goldenbe1

[1]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 5
    The 7th season was the end, correct? I know that "Davinci's Townhall" is sort of a spin-off series, but it doesn't pick up where "Davinci's Inquest" left off, does it? The reason I'm asking is because I just saw the last few episodes of season 7 last week on the WGN, and I was not satisfied with how they wrapped up some of my favorite on-going storylines. It seems that they left some things dangling or open to viewer speculation. I've love to talk about this in more detail, but don't want to offend anyone who might accidently read a spoiler they want to avoid.

Becky
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

badgerwood

[2]Dec 16, 2005
    • level: 1
    I agree if they don't carry over to the new show, there are a lot of unanswered questions. Also Is WGN even going to have the new show. It is one of my favorite shows.

JohnnyVic

[3]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 6
    If you watch the entire series I think you will find that there are many storylines that are not resolved. I believe they intended for that to happen in order to mimic real life. I think I could name a dozen storylines like this off the top of my head.

On Da Vinci's City Hall (not Townhall) some of the storylines are continuing. For instance it looks like they may finally get Brian Curtis because he was involved with a child prostitution ring early in his career. And of course Da Vinci's battle with Bill Jacobs (Chief of Police) is a major part of the new show.

samsteele

[4]Jan 18, 2006
    • level: 3
    JohnnyVic wrote:
    On Da Vinci's City Hall (not Townhall) some of the storylines are continuing. For instance it looks like they may finally get Brian Curtis because he was involved with a child prostitution ring early in his career.

Okay, now that you've brought this up, I've got a question about Brian Curtis.

I don't have a tape if it to check, and it's been a while since I've seen the Season 7 finale, but I'm very confused about the Brian Curtis story. Didn't Season 7 end with Brian making it look as if he'd gone a little crazy and tried to burn Kosmo's house, but burning her back fence was really the set-up so that he could fake his death by leaving the burned body in the car? And the reason he did all that was because they were starting to close in on him for all of his bad-cop stuff; everything was coming to an end for him.

But, now, in "City Hall", he's still a cop, no one is suprised that he still alive or mentions that he'd tried to fake his own death (And what about the dead body that was in the car?), and no one is trying to end his career based on all the dodgy stuff they were starting to discover about him last season.

For this season of "City Hall", I was expecting that, if they mentioned Brian, at all, he'd be under serious investigation and ont he run. But he's not.

What am I missing?

Invader_of_53

[5]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 7
    Almost right off the bat, they identified the body as someone else's (though I can't recall whose, but it was someone connected to an investigation Kosmo and Leary were involved in at the time). Although they did make a reference to a seeming connection, there didn't appear to be no overt impressesion that it was Curtis trying to fake his death.

And yes, he did try to burn down Kosmo's house because they were tightening the noose on him, and he knew it was because she wouldn't give up on trying to expose him. But I don't think they found anything concrete at the time, just some things suspicious enough to put him on the sideline for a while.

dmerrell

[6]Dec 25, 2006
    Sorry I'm late joining the discussion. I've been watching Da Vinci's Inquest reruns on my local NBC affiliate late on Saturday nights. I've also seen mention of the series being played on WGN??? Is that right? Is it synched with what is being shown on NBC?

I'm really enjoying the series and have just found out about Da Vinci's City Hall.

Do you know if the series has been put out on DVD? If not, are there any plans to do so?

I would also like to know more about what is currently happening with the investigation of Brian. Did they finally drop the hammer on him?

Please do write, if you will. I'd like to know how the series ended.

My email address is dave@merrell.net

Thanks . . .

orfana

[7]Aug 21, 2007
    I know I'm really late jumping on the bandwagon, but WGN is airing Da Vinci's City Hall beginning tomorrow at 11 CST. Check tvguide.com for local info - they still call it Da Vinci's Inques but if you check the titles you'll see it's actually City Hall.

As someone who recently got into the show (and idiotically missed the last ep) I'm looking forward to it.