Da Vinci's Inquest

CBC (ended 2005)

lowriderz95s10

Da Vinci's Inquest Fan Reviews (20)

• A quirky show that can be good at times when not involved in pushing a political agenda.

I wanted to like this show, tried to like this show, and initially did like it. The frequent weak "non-endings" of episodes were alternately refreshing and disappointing, but what finally put me off of this show was the repeated use of heavy left-wing slants in storylines.

For example, the police officer who disagrees with Da Vinci's desire to provide free drugs to addicts is a "mere" traffic cop, and therefore narrow minded. Then, Da Vinci apparently suffers no adverse consequences from participating in an illegal drug transaction with a cop watching.

While this particular episode was the one that finally put me off, as bad as it was it wouldn't have been the final straw without several similar annoyances in previous episodes, including many instances of petty anti-American sniping; it's not so much the sniping that offends me as the pettiness of it, what I guess psychobabblers would call "passive-aggressive" behavior, or what real people call "wimpy".