Da Vinci's Inquest

CBC (ended 2005)

lowriderz95s10

Da Vinci's Inquest Fan Reviews (20)

• Take the best parts of Crossing Jordan and a generic cop show... put in a blender... mix and serve in a beautiful city. The result? Pretty darn satisfying.

I live in America, and the only reason I caught an episode of Da Vinci's Inquest was because my favorite actress, Teryl Rothery, guest-starred in an episode. I got ahold of that episode on tape and was intrigued by it.

WGN recently started airing older episodes of the show and I'm already hooked. The characters are intriguing and I look forward to seeing more of them. Da Vinci, for instance, is flawed in a very interesting way. But he's not so out there that you wonder why they bother to keep him around (like Jordan Cavanaugh on Crossing Jordan... why is she not fired?! Sorry, rant, wrong show...).

I'm also impressed with the fact that they use Vancouver as a setting. Many, many shows use that great city, but they set their series in Seattle (4400, Dead Like Me) or even Colorado (Stargate SG-1). It's nice to be able to see Vancouver landmarks and hear the characters refer to themselves as "Vancouver police." It's a wonderful thing, even if they do show the seedier side more often than not... all cities have one, why try and hide it?

So all-in-all, a really great show from the looks of it. I can't wait to see more!