A Dads Community
FOX (ended 2014)

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you'll never walk again because an alligator ate your spine. The bad news is Fox has ordered a full season of the critically ravaged sitcom Dads. That's right, the show that entered the fall season as the most-hated program of the year is being rewarded with a back-nine order, meaning Dads will run for 22 episodes this season. 

The series stars Giovanni Ribisi and Seth Green as a pair of video-game producers whose lives are disrupted when their respective dads move back in with them. So far the show's storylines and jokes have involved Asian men having small penises, old people getting stoned on pot brownies, and frequent discussion of bowel movements. Seth MacFarlane is an executive producer on the series, which may explain why it got picked up for a full season. 

Fox touts the series as being one of the top 10 new comedies among men 18-34, men 18-49, and women 18-34. I guess now is a good time to point out that there were only 13 new comedies this season, and two of them have already been canceled, and one of them is Sean Saves the World. So congrats on cracking the top 10, Dads. Fox also pointed out that it's been trying to crack the multi-camera comedy genre for some time now. What, I Hate My Teenage Daughter wasn't good enough? 

When the fall season first began, I made the bold prediction that Dads would run out its initial 13-episode order, but even I was too chicken to say it would get a full season. How's your Dead Pool doing?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/17/2015

Season 1 : Episode 19

167 Comments
Comments (167)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
why?
Flag
One of the funniest shows on the air right now. My wife and I both love it.
Flag
Well, I was hoping for 4 out of 5. I can still get that if, IF, Super Fun Night get cancelled next. I had Dads instead of We Are Men and that was totally made on the schedule not on anything else.
Flag
This is NOT, my favorite show. But my opinion aside, and besides the Green/McFarlane trademark of offensive lines/themes, the show got some good moments, but the have to stop being so... (sit-com) cliche, is that a right word for the show? IMO they're pushing too hard in all the wrong directions. And is a shame, because the plot is good and they assembled a really good cast. For example, liking this show or not, the "Oldfinger" episode was a classic thanks to Giovanni Ribisi. This guy is awesome. I cried. If you see it, you will too.
Flag
I KNEW that Seth MacFarlane would throw his weight around to keep this Mac-Crappy show on the air. The excuse: "It will find an audience." The truth: There is no audience! Even "Family Guy" sucks now for relying on the same stupid white guys/racist/sexist jokes. MacFarlane is a one-trick pony that is trying to do what Madonna did so well with a very limited voice!
Flag
wow this made a full season..... dam
Flag
Sigh....
Flag
Yeah, I'm screwed.
Flag
Two new comedies cancelled? I know one is welcome to the family - which is the other?
Flag
The other would be We Are Men
Flag
Oh.. no loss
Flag
Is there anything cancelled this year that was anticipated. All the shows I thought off being prime suspects are going on for more. Maybe because the networks committed genocide on all comedies in recent year some shows get a longer lease on life.
Flag
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Flag
Well I'm out of the dead pool then.
Flag
Me too! Dads was my first pick to kick the bucket :(
Flag
Brooklyn nine-nine will do way better than dads. Dads is too way rowdy and it won't go beyond its first season, IMO.
Flag
I keep pinching myself to wake up from this nightmare. A nightmare where Shows like FireFly get cancelled, and Dads gets a full season.
Flag
Every time FOX orders or renews a crappy show all I think is "you cancelled Fringe for this?!"
Flag
Two and a Half Men is a piece of crap but still thousands better than Dads. I miss you, Fringe.
Flag
Fox ordering a full season of this crap is probably the funniest thing about this show...

and Fox News kinda covers the entire spectrum of the networks comedy programming so there was no need for a desperate attempt to make a sitcom.
Flag
Not that surprising. This is the same network that cancelled Firefly (yes, I'm still pissed about it.)
Flag
This is a show with no class but it is one of the few new comedies that gets me laughing. Really, if 2 Broke Girls can still be on TV, Dads has a place.

Flag
I watch 2 Broke Girls, I hate Whitney Cummings (not as much as I hate Macfalane though) and I know the show is sort of dumb, but at least it's not ANOTHER show about men being men and having sex and talking about boobs.
Flag
No, it's women being women and talking about boobs.

No sex is being had, though.
Flag
Which some women do...
Flag
I understand that. But it's the same as all the shows about men, it just has female leads instead of male leads.
Flag
We've stopped watching 2 Broke Girls this season. Watched the first two episodes, and realized that it's just not that great anymore. We gave Dads an episode, and then while it was PVR'd, we never went onto number 2. I see that we're not missing much.
Flag
my dead pool died with the first cancellation. This show was on my list, i should of done a these shows will get a full season list, cause nothing i picked has been cancelled yet.
Flag
In an ideal world this article would only exist on The Onion.
Flag
I believe we have to keep smiling... I think we are gonna get punk'd...
Flag
And there went my deadpool list.
Tbh i've found most of those 13 comedies to be utterly crap, so i guess some of them had to get a full season order.
Flag
Wow! Sometimes reality truly is weirder than fiction.
Flag
CMON MAN!!
Flag
it was all going so well in my deadpool, i put this show and i knew seth green but i still had hope oh man, i got so mad i hit my table
Flag
I was sort of expecting this to be treated unreasonably because of Seth MacFarlane's name being attached to it, so I didn't put it in my deadpool, despite how bad it looked, which, thankfully, turned out to be a good decision
Flag
This is all about Seth Green and Giovani Ribisi. Fox wants them for future shows and endeavors. So they are going to give it a shot, though the show is really not worth it in the least. But Green can bring over fans from Adult Swim and Ribisi has always been a fantastic actor and will likely have a great drama in his future.
Flag
I am not surprised, it costs almost nothing to make, it brings in a young male crowd mid-week which isn't something Fox has been able to do lately, and it keeps a superstar producer happy.

And it also proves the axiom that bad press is better than no press at all, people keep talking about how terrible it is only makes its buzz higher.
Flag
i knew this would happen, remember whitney?
Flag
I specifically try not to, but your point is apt.
Flag
Looks like the NBC executives made their way to FOX..
Flag
I based my Dads Deadpool pick on the fact the pilot was 22 minutes of some of the worst television I've ever seen and didn't consider the Brickleberry effect. You know ... Brickleberry ... one of the worst rated/viewed shows on comedy central that got renewed just because Daniel Tosh is the creator. Oh my poor Dead Pool.

In hindsight, Firefly's biggest mistake was not to hire Matt Groening as an executive producer.
Flag
That's exactly what I was thinking! My poor dead pool :(
Flag
Son of a-- my dead pool is terrible. Two of my picks have now got full season pickups. This one and The Crazy Ones. I still have two that have yet to be determined so I'm not out of the running quite yet.
Flag
*headdesk*
Seth MacFarlane is ruining TV for everyone.
Flag
wow, seth mcfarlane must have a lot of pull to make this happen.
Flag
Wow... the juice that Seth MacFarlane has over at Fox is simply amazing.
Even his most obvious turds look like green bags of green for those execs!
Flag
Crickey! That was on my Deadpool list, I think. There is absolutely NO question that this is all Seth, and Seth alone. I honestly hope the show takes a worse drubbing than it already has and is first changed to a worse time slot, then cancelled before the 22 episodes can air. Not surprised it's FOX.
Flag
It's simple called the power of Seth McFarlane, Fox sees they let American Dad go and now it's going to be on TBS, he couldn't save the Cleveland Show, "I really tried to like it but there were more bad episodes than good" They cancelled Family Guy and had to rectify that mistake quick, I'm sure they want to keep him Happy; because Dad's is unwatchable
Flag
horrible. this is no Under the Dome
Flag
If people keep watching, it stays on the air. Stop watching, don't write or comment and just let it fade into darkness. I haven't seen Dads.
Flag
People aren't watching it is one of the lowest rated programs of the night and it's bringing down Brooklyn 99 numbers and it's actually a good show. If Fox really had faith in it then it would be the show going on after the super bowl
Flag
Brooklyn nine nine is amazing.
Flag
Oh well - I hope my deadpool choices suck less next fall... Dads was one I was pretty confident on... Apart from New Girl Fox recent comedies have done mediocre to awful so I guess they liked the new scripts and believe Dads is fixable?
Flag
whyyy its seriously the suckiest show in the world........
Flag
Excuse me while I go throw up in my mouth.
Flag
Why do horrible TV shows always get picked up, but the great ones always get cancelled? I hate the world we live in! Why can't we have nice things?!
Flag
Hahahahaha! You idiots who had Dads in their "dead pool" (a despicable thing to begin with - people's jobs are involved here!) - LOSERS! You're disgusting human beings.
Flag
A dead pool insults no one and costs no one their job.

What's your excuse?
Flag
Then those people should do their jobs better than to hinge their livelihoods on mediocre work.

The dead pool isn't despicable, it's harmless analysis and it's amusing since it comes from a repeating cycle of poor choices on the parts of all the networks.
Flag
I only had two shows left on my deadpool before this! :(

Dag nebbit, part of me is thinking, "Why didn't I pick Super Fun Night?! Whhyyy!"
Flag
My dead pool is dead in the water :(
Flag
Glad it got a full season. It's very funny.
Flag
plant
Flag
WHAT... You are kidding right? RIGHT? man.....that was on my dead pool ):
Flag
Damn it, it's on my Dead pool
Flag
First survivor from my dead pool list. Dammit.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members