A Dads Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOX

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you'll never walk again because an alligator ate your spine. The bad news is Fox has ordered a full season of the critically ravaged sitcom Dads. That's right, the show that entered the fall season as the most-hated program of the year is being rewarded with a back-nine order, meaning Dads will run for 22 episodes this season. 

The series stars Giovanni Ribisi and Seth Green as a pair of video-game producers whose lives are disrupted when their respective dads move back in with them. So far the show's storylines and jokes have involved Asian men having small penises, old people getting stoned on pot brownies, and frequent discussion of bowel movements. Seth MacFarlane is an executive producer on the series, which may explain why it got picked up for a full season. 

Fox touts the series as being one of the top 10 new comedies among men 18-34, men 18-49, and women 18-34. I guess now is a good time to point out that there were only 13 new comedies this season, and two of them have already been canceled, and one of them is Sean Saves the World. So congrats on cracking the top 10, Dads. Fox also pointed out that it's been trying to crack the multi-camera comedy genre for some time now. What, I Hate My Teenage Daughter wasn't good enough? 

When the fall season first began, I made the bold prediction that Dads would run out its initial 13-episode order, but even I was too chicken to say it would get a full season. How's your Dead Pool doing?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 2/11/2014

Season 1 : Episode 18

172 Comments
Follow this Show
Members