Dads Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

How well do YOU think "Dads" will do?

How well will "Dads" do?

modernfamily120

[1]Jul 23, 2013
    • level: 20

How well do you think this show will do? The writers at TV.com say that the trailer looks horrible, but sometimes shows will have horrible-looking trailers but be good, and sometimes the writers at TV.com are wrong, and sometimes a show is horrible but still does well in the ratings and lasts forever. Also, Seth MacFarlane is behind the show, which will likely give the show some success, at least at first. Taking all of this into consideration, what are your thoughts? Tell me by voting in the poll and/or replying to this post.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thephantom

[2]Aug 25, 2013
    • level: 4
    There was nothing in the trailer that was funny. I'll probably get low ratings and be cancelled during season 1

modernfamily120

[3]Sep 1, 2013
    • level: 20

Due to Seth MacFarlane many people will tune in at first. But, once they realize that this show is not funny, they will leave fast, and the show will be canceled and the remaining produced episodes will air into December, and in January it will have been replaced by Surviving Jack or Us & Them (I'm going for Surviving Jack).

thephantom

[4]Sep 1, 2013
    • level: 4
    modernfamily120 wrote:

Due to Seth MacFarlane many people will tune in at first. But, once they realize that this show is not funny, they will leave fast, and the show will be canceled and the remaining produced episodes will air into December, and in January it will have been replaced by Surviving Jack or Us & Them (I'm going for Surviving Jack).

How many episodes were ordered?

djboy77

[5]Sep 18, 2013
    • level: 7

Every season there's a "trend" - some common premise for a number of sitcoms. This year, it's the older-parents-living-with-their-adult-children premise: Dads, The Millers, and so forth. A couple of years ago it was the dating/relationship ones. At one point there was even the talking animal/baby fad. Historically, it's rare for those all-too-similar shows to actually last, whether it's because they don't really distinguish themselves from each other, or they're just independently not good as they hastily join the social consciousness gold rush.

Dads will not last, and will not last very quickly. I'm surprised Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi are actually headlining this one-joke show.

As an aside, are we really not done with the multi-camera studio laugh-track format? The shows that don't come off less funny as a result are few and far between: TBBT, Mike & Molly, etc. The multi-cam format just makes this one look even more painful.

haldrey

[6]Sep 18, 2013
    • level: 22
    At least to me it was funnier than Modern Family and Modern Family is still there and compared to the other comic spot Brooklyn Nine Nine it was hilarious. I do wish for it to do well.

irehawk20

[7]Sep 19, 2013
    • level: 9

This show will get cancelled immediately because of these disadvantages: poor plot, bad acting, terrible title.