Daisy Does America Forums

TBS (ended 2006)

Nobody's here.....

Nagirdnul

[1]Nov 13, 2005
    • level: 5
    Umm, I don't know if anyone is actually going to read this but I'm going to post anyway. I watch TBS often enough and a commercial for this is on every 10 minutes. I could have sworn though that they changed the girl who plays Daisy in the newer commercials. The original showed, what I believed to be, a less attractive woman who looked like she'd be relying on a Shannon Elizabeth style of humor to get her through, while the new actress appears to take a more subtle approach.

Overall though I think the show will bomb and we'd all be better off if it never aired. When a shows main advertisement constantly refers to it's main character as "America's New Funny Girl" I think it's setting itself up for failure. Also, look at TBS' website if you get a chance, I really can't stand arrogant umm.... things..... and this website's sole purpose isn't to provide info on the show, it's to make you think that everyone else thinks that it's the funniest show around.

Odds are this'll go the way of Cedric the Entertainer's Variety Half-Hour (or whatever he called it (and I know that was FOX not TBS)).

Just my two sense, I'm bored and looking for something to whine about.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

osa420

[2]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 7
    Well, this show will get it's chance to get viewers since it's on TBS and not a network. Cable shows don't get cancelled midseason. I personally think this show has some potential. As far as the actress, I don't think it's someone different. The way I understand, Courteney and David Arquette discovered Daisy Donovan and proposed the idea for the show.

zac1988

[3]Dec 5, 2005
    • level: 1
    From the commercials I have seen, I concur that the show will be an utter failure. It seems as though she attempts to do 5-year old comedy.
    Sticking one finger foward, acting as if it is suppose to go up the dog's anus, once asked if she is offended.
    Then, we have her shaking some guys hand for 5 minutes, again not funny.
    Then we have her in some crazy makup, acting as if she loves it, making rediculous faces, and yet again not funny
    And one final commercial, is her asking the woman who let the dogs out. An old song that has died and burried, yet she thinks it might be funny to bring it back up with a dog breeder.

Whoever came up with this show, really needs to go back and rethink his career.

Just my 2 cents

jxsilicon9

[4]Dec 6, 2005
    • level: 10
    Nagirdnul wrote:
    Umm, I don't know if anyone is actually going to read this but I'm going to post anyway. I watch TBS often enough and a commercial for this is on every 10 minutes. I could have sworn though that they changed the girl who plays Daisy in the newer commercials. The original showed, what I believed to be, a less attractive woman who looked like she'd be relying on a Shannon Elizabeth style of humor to get her through, while the new actress appears to take a more subtle approach.

Overall though I think the show will bomb and we'd all be better off if it never aired. When a shows main advertisement constantly refers to it's main character as "America's New Funny Girl" I think it's setting itself up for failure. Also, look at TBS' website if you get a chance, I really can't stand arrogant umm.... things..... and this website's sole purpose isn't to provide info on the show, it's to make you think that everyone else thinks that it's the funniest show around.

Odds are this'll go the way of Cedric the Entertainer's Variety Half-Hour (or whatever he called it (and I know that was FOX not TBS)).

Just my two sense, I'm bored and looking for something to whine about.

No its the same girl. She has two-face(refer to seinfield for definition).

BlakeMP

[5]Dec 7, 2005
    I didn't catch it -- did anyone else? Was it as bad as it looked?

fortaz107

[6]Dec 7, 2005
    • level: 6
    It was alright..nothing special. It sort of reminds me of The Simple Life, just not as good.

heyiloveutoo

[7]Dec 24, 2005
    • level: 5
    i thought it was good. it was definalty different....

Azarai

[8]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 6
    I like it. It doesn't have to be ridiculously lewd, rude, and obscene to be hillarious. It's just harmless fun with someone who's actually polite to other people... She doesn't try to be savvy or phony, she just tries everything out.

Ginni_Egwene

[9]Jan 4, 2006
    • level: 1
    I gotta say I agree... I thought this show would be terrible, but it's actually really funny and entertaining. Is it my favorite show? No, but I make sure not to miss it. She's funny, will try anything, and shows the definite humor in people and situations without being rude or mean. Actually kinda refreshing!

captscurvy

[10]Jan 5, 2006
    • level: 2
    The show is actually extremely charming and funny. I liked it better when it was called Weird Weekends, but it's growing on me. I am afraid that most people aren't going to give it a chance due to the commercials that just make it out to be silly and horrible. Hopefully, word of mouth will work its magic and save the show from failing before even getting off its feet. We'll see.

screenhack

[11]Jan 5, 2006
    • level: 16
    The people who rated this show poorly are idiots.

They don't understand the subtlety of the humour, the quaintness of it all. All they want is their idiocy and action and one-liners. Sure, let's have 20 more seasons of Will & Grace, by gum is that funny, they're gay! GET IT?!

Daisy Does America is brilliance. If you rated this poorly, you really don't have your head in the game.

PS: For those who loved this as much as I did (Daisy Donovan has had too much time off-air) check out Daisy Daisy.

Shaunmart7

[12]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 4
    osa420 wrote:
    Well, this show will get it's chance to get viewers since it's on TBS and not a network. Cable shows don't get cancelled midseason. I personally think this show has some potential. As far as the actress, I don't think it's someone different. The way I understand, Courteney and David Arquette discovered Daisy Donovan and proposed the idea for the show.

ohh, but they do get cancelled midseason, just on more dominant networks.

captscurvy

[13]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 2
    Has the show been cancelled?

raveniscool2

[14]Jan 15, 2006
    this show isnt as bad as it looks on the commercial cause on the commercial it looks sooooooooo stupid

Shaunmart7

[15]Jan 23, 2006
    the best episode yet was the psycic one. i couldnt tell if she was really channeling it (the person) or just doing it to make the lady happy. it was weird though...

Shaunmart7

[16]Jan 29, 2006
    the show has some originality. It seems though that daisy can be more, perverse? so to speak, and it looks like she is holding back on her sexual comments...

qless_blondi_91

[17]Mar 7, 2006
    Daisy is HILARIOUS i saw one show and was hooked and keep missing all the episodes. i want them back b/c i love them.