Dallas Forums

TNT (ended 2014)

1.06 "The Enemy of My Enemy" Episode Discussion

How would you rate the episode?

Daniel777C

[1]Jul 11, 2012
    • level: 31

John Ross is bothered by the weight of having to do his father's dirty work and decides to move into Southfork. Strife continues to grow between Ann and Bobby when it is revealed she went to her ex for help with a family problem. Rebecca approaches Bobby and Christopher with information that she believes might help save the ranch.

Guest stars include Leonor Varela as Marta/Veronica, Marlene Forte as Carmen Ramos, Carlos Bernard as Vicente Cano, Kevin Page as Bum, Faran Tahir as Frank and Mitch Pileggi as Harris Ryland.

"The Enemy of My Enemy" was written by Gail Gilchriest and directed by Jesse Bochco.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

no1thinker

[2]Jul 11, 2012
    • level: 19

I really enjoyed it. John Ross is doing about as well as can be expected. Was glad to see Sue Ellen finally help out her son. Rebecca...now that's going to make the show interesting as it gets closer to the season finale. JR..what can we say? He's JR.Laughing I'm wondering, what's John Ross going to do now? I'm sure JR will figure things out.

Edie70

[3]Jul 12, 2012
    • level: 19
    Liked it. I wonder what is going to happen between John Ross and Marta next week. Also Ann's character got more interesting in this episode.

Daniel777C

[4]Jul 12, 2012
    • level: 31
    I thought it was an average episode, no bad points really, but no unexpected moments either.

I am glad, however, that they are putting emphasis on the supporting cast. In the grand scheme of things what people will remember about this era of Dallas is characters like Ann, Harris Ryland and Marta - and they really bring that old Dallas energy back, even more so than the original cast members. I'm not keen on Elena's mother Carmen though - she really shouldn't leave the kitchen.

Hungry_Homer111

[5]Jul 14, 2012
    • level: 26

I agree that it wasn't really the best episode or anything,because there wasn't really a big moment. However, there was a lot that I liked about this episode, mainly with how it set up things for them to explore in the last few episodes.

I'm really liking Mitch Pileggi as Harris Ryland. He seems like a great villain, who can get you under his thumb kind of like JR. I love how Sue Ellen sacrificed her moral ethics and potentially her future political career in order to help John Ross, only to have Bobby and Christopher stop the drilling on Southfork. That way, Harris can say that he he lived up to the bargain, despite John Ross not getting what he wanted, and be able to control her in the future. Hopefully that means Sue Ellen will have a more prominent role in the future, and that we'll be seeing a lot more of Harris since he seems like he could make things interesting.

Also, what was up with that necklace, or locket,that Harris sent Ann? Did they mention something about that in the previous episode, or will we find out why it's important later in the season?

I wonder what Christopher will do when he finds out that he's going to be a father. Being adopted, he probably knows very well what not knowing your biological parents is like. Of course, his child would still have its mother, but would he be willing to let it grow up without its father? I don't think he would, no matter what Rebecca did. Or will he try to take his child from Rebecca, like JR tried to do with John Ross in season 5 of the original, because he'd think Rebecca wouldn't be a good mother?

And I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with the JR/Cliff Barnes story, and what Cliff is really trying to do. Right now I'd trust Cliff about as much as I'd trust JR, John Ross, and Harris.

So I thought it was a good episode, even though it was mostly just setting up for future episodes. Hopefully the show starts to really pick up now, especially since it's getting closer to the end of the season. There's a lot there to work with now, and plenty of tension between characters, and the season could end a shocker worthy of the Dallas name.

edit: I think that Rebecca could turn into an interesting character. Stuck between her brother and Christopher (and the other Ewings). I like how she stood up to her brother, and tried to help out Christopher. However one thing really gets to me with the whole "I love Christopher and want to do what's right" thing. If she really feels like this, why hasn't she told Christopher that her brother bugged his computer?! I mean, I get how she could have a torn allegiance, even with how she feels, but the longer she puts it off, the worse it will be for Christopher, and for her when Christopher finds out.

Edited on 07/14/2012 2:13pm