Dallas Forums

TNT (ended 2014)

1.07 "Collateral Damage" Episode Discussion

How would you rate the episode?

Daniel777C

[1]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 31

Harris demands an apology after his interaction with Bobby. Rebecca confides in Elena over a life-altering secret. John Ross makes a tempting offer to his cousin Lucy, while a family associate is murdered.

Guest stars include Leonor Varela as Marta/Veronica, Carlos Bernard as Vicente Cano, Charlene Tilton as Lucy Ewing, Kevin Page as Bum, Glenn Morshower as Lou and Mitch Pileggi as Harris Ryland.

"Collateral Damage" was written by Aaron Allen and directed by Steve Robin.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Daniel777C

[2]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 31
    Just been rewatching some of the scenes with Jesse Metcalfe and are his facial expressions excruciatingly terrible or what? The guy can't even take a phone call from a doctor without looking like someone just killed his puppy.

Nice to see Lucy get a few more lines, it's almost as if she's a character too.

Liked the ending, but frankly I was expecting a whodunnit rather than a "rich boy gets accused of murder" storyline - which was done just recently on "Revenge" and it didn't do that show any favors.

All in all, a good episode. But I do hope there are a few more bombshells in the last 3 episodes of the season.

Edie70

[3]Jul 19, 2012
    • level: 19
    It thought this was the best episode in weeks. And Christopher needs to man up! Metcalfe's acting is terrible.

no1thinker

[4]Jul 20, 2012
    • level: 19

I loved the episode. Loved the expression go "t!ts up". Never heard it before that episode. I'm lovin' John Ross more each episode. Christopher, not so much. He's very whiney. JR is still up to something. Just not sure what that something is. John Ross...in deep trouble, even though he's innocent.

Hungry_Homer111

[5]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 26

Great episode, even though I did predict a few things a while before they actually happened. I knew that "Marta" was going to die as soon as John Ross asked that one guy from the Cartel (played by Carlos Bernard) to "take care" of her. Also, while I saw speculation that this was the case, I'd like to think that I'd notice the foreshadowing that the necklace/locket had something to do with a child we didn't know Ann had, since they seemed so obvious when they happened. Ann in the park watching the mother and daughter, and then her getting emotional about the twins (more so than would be expected from a step-mother, or even biological mother).

Anyway, I love that things are starting to heat up more now. As I said last week, I love Harris Ryland's character. He brings some much needed conflict outside of the family, and is very well-played by Mitch Pileggi. And speaking of trouble outside of the family, I really liked the way they went with her character in this episode. I'm kind of glad they killed her off when they did, because the storyline could have gotten a bit old if they stretched it out, but I liked the tension that the story brought, and love the fact that the whole situation created such a huge backlash once she was "dealt with."

I've been very interested in seeing where they go with the whole JR/Cliff Barnes story, but for now it seems like it is being put into the background. I don't mind this too much, since it allows the other characters to grow a bit more, but I do hope that when they start to focus on it a bit more, it comes back in a huge way.

Anyway, as a whole, this episode was one of the better episodes of the season so far, with a few of the stories starting to heat up. There's still obviously room for improvement, but this was a still a great episode which made things more interesting. Hopefully this is just a taste of things to come in the next few episodes.