Dallas Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on TNTBetween Seasons

1.08 "No Good Deed" Episode Discussion

Who is your favorite Ewing man?

Daniel777C

[1]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 31

The Ewing family is forced into a hard decision following the recent murder while fighting off Southfork outsiders. Meanwhile, Christopher is approached by an oil company concerning the rights to his new methane technology.

Guest stars include Carlos Bernard as Vicente Cano, Kevin Page as Bum and Glenn Morshower as Lou.

"No Good Deed" was written by Julia Cohen and directed by Michael Katleman.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Daniel777C

[2]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 31
    Dallas is back!

It took them 8 episodes, but the show finally feels just right. John Ross' mugshots before the credits rolled, Christopher's "Ewing 6" license plate, the family acting like a real family for once, Bobby's touching chat with the ethereal Miss Ellie, not to mention the juicy reveal at the end...there's no doubt about it, Dallas is back and better than ever.

no1thinker

[3]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 19

This was an incredible, awesome episode. Josh Henderson is doing wonderfully as John Ross. Christopher, finally did something good in this episode & didn't sound so darn whiny. I kept cringing when John Ross was getting beaten up. I wanted to hold him & take care of him. I think he's finally figuring out that family blood is thicker than oil. And what an ending!! There are more secrets that Rebecca is hiding & I can't wait to see them unravel.

Hungry_Homer111

[4]Jul 26, 2012
    • level: 26

Loved it. The last couple weeks did a great job of setting up Harris Ryland as a non-Ewing character to create trouble (not to mention the conflict with "Marta" last week), and this episode did a great job of picking up the conflict with Vicente. These kinds of problems are very important IMO, because as interesting as the war of the Ewings can be, Dallas is much more interesting when there are other issues thrown in as well. I like how the different characters handled the issue, with Bobby willing to drill for oil, Christopher giving Vicente the rights to his alternative energy, and Sue Ellen getting in touch with her inner JR.

As for the ending, the whole scene between Christopher and Rebecca, I couldn't help thinking she should tell him about the bug on his computer. So when the real secret was revealed, it caught me off guard. I did hear speculation that they weren't really brother and sister, but I never actually believed it.

Edited on 07/26/2012 8:37pm

matsee

[5]Jun 27, 2013
    • level: 12
    In this episode Sue Ellen called JR a "son of a b…." I guess she didn't like Miss Ellie and no I do not care for the argument of it being an expression.