Dallas Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on TNTIn Season

1.10 "Revelations" Episode Discussion

What did you think of the season finale?

Daniel777C

[1]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 31

In the season finale, a sudden health crisis brings Ewing family back together. Deep and hurtful secrets come to light, while Elena and Christopher learn the real truths about those closest to them.

Guest stars include Faran Tahir as Frank Ashkani, Carlos Bernard as Vicente Cano, Kevin Page as Bum, Glenn Morshower as Lou, Marlene Forte as Carmen Ramos and Mitch Pileggi as Harris Ryland. Ken Kercheval reprises his role as Cliff Barnes.

"Revelations" was written by Robert Rovner with story by Cynthia Cidre and Rovert Rovner, and directed by Steve Robin.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

no1thinker

[2]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 19

2 words for me..Wow & Amazing! Loved the ep. John Ross is so much like his father, from tip to tail. Several twists & turns. Some questions answered & more left that need to be answered. Can't wait for season 2

tap64

[3]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 1
    Wow yes what about the whole thing that Cliff Barnes can not have children.

Hungry_Homer111

[4]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 26

I loved this episode. I thought it was great that we got to see all the Ewings working together to fight the deal made with Vicente. It really showed how strong of a force the Ewings could be if they were a united force. While I'm on the topic of Vicente, as a fan of the show 24, I would have loved it if Bobby's lawyer (played by Glenn Morshower) was in the room when the Ewings had told him how they were fighting back. It would have made sense to have him there, but I guess that might have taken away from the effect of showing that this is what happens when the Ewings work together.

Obviously things couldn't stay the same, but I didn't know things would fall apart so quickly. I love that the way they're setting up the Ewing Energies story, so that it will probably have a lot of the same problems as Ewing Oil. The scene towards the end with John Ross and JR was great. He really did seem like his father's son there.

And once again, I'm reminded of why I love both Ann and Harris. The scene between the two of them was so good. I laughed my ass off when Ann punched Harris out after revealing the tape recorder. Best Ann moment of the season by far. I really hope to see a lot more of Harris in the future, because he was such a great character.

And of course there's the reveal at the end. I knew since the last episode that she and Tommy were working for Cliff because Tommy had met with Cliff's assistant (I forget his name), but I didn't really expect she would turn out to be his daughter. So, along with the start of Ewing Energies, we have the full-blown return of the Barnes feud to bring us back more of the important elements of the original back.

As for Cliff having a baby, I'm not really too far into the original series. Only season 5. But from my understanding, the disease that Cliff inherited from Digger does greatly reduce the chances of children surviving. However, there is still a chance that they will. Cliff's existence is evidence of this. Pam wasn't really Digger's daughter, so she didn't inherit the disease (although she had a few miscarriages which also reduced the chances of her having children).

Edited on 08/11/2012 8:20am

TishHadley

[5]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 1
    Thanks for posting the information about Pam not being Digger's biological daughter. I was so young when the original series was on that even though my parents watched it faithfully I really don't know all the ins and outs of the relationships and when Rebecca was revealed to be Cliff's daughter my first thought was...wha--?

I hope season 2 returns strong in January because this new incarnation of Dallas is quickly becoming can't miss tv for me.

DanFixx

[8]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 14

Episode 09 was much better. The fact that Rebecca is a Barnes is no surprise. I knew it from EP 01! Remember : Cliff and Pams mother was called Rebecca and Afton Cooper had a daughter. So, no surpise or 'Cliff'-hanger there. Her real name is Pamela Rebecca Barnes. But it's good we're 'in the knowing' now, and the Ewings not.

In the beginning of the season I thought the great reveal would be that Christopher's real biological dad is J.R. (Bobby bought the baby from Kristin (Sue-Ellens sister)who was involved with J.R.) That would make the two boys almost 100 % real brothers instead of just cousins!

At one point I thought Sue-Ellen was going to be shot while giving her speech! That would have been a great season finale!

They should definitely keep Harris as the new nemisis for the Ewings.

Over all, this was a VERY GOOD new season for Dallas. And junuary is just around the corner. Yeay!

no1thinker

[9]Aug 16, 2012

Christopher's paternity was fully dealt with in the original series, as was John Ross's. Can't wait to see how things will be with Ewing Energies.

Edited on 08/16/2012 9:14pm

wildhoney66

[10]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 13

i also loved the finale, but i do think that elena should have at least called john ross. and where did you get that info that her real name is pam?

and nobody ever said that cliff can't have kids, it was stated that there's a chance that his kids may get the disease and die quite early, but it wasn't 100% for certain that if he ever had any kids, that they would get the disease, just that the percent was pretty and and quite possible.

so pam when she found that out decided not to have any kids. than they later revealed who her father was. which made her dealing with that disease pretty pointless to be honest. and for those who want to know christopher is in no way J.R.'s son. he's kristen's an jeff faraday's son.

i think they were both killed off actually.

Daniel777C

[11]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 31
    Cynthia Cidre has confirmed that Rebecca is indeed Pamela Rebecca Barnes, daughter of Cliff and Afton.

DanFixx

[12]Aug 19, 2012
    • level: 14

About Christopher's biology : In a soap nothing is eternal and paternity tests weren't as sophisticated thirty years ago as they are now.

For Chris the coming birth of the twins could be a good time to ask quentions about his own beginnings. In his search he could even stumble on other secrets. [Pam]

Admit it. This would be a great story boost. [When things get stuck] ;-) [Later]

Edie70

[13]Aug 22, 2012
    So many twists and turns in this one, all I can say is wow! I loved the unexpected turn in a scene with Ann and Harris Ryland, she screwed him big time. Also loved the ending. The ony thing that upset me was how quick Christopher and Elena jumped at the chance to have sex. Like 5 minutes after they were 'done' with their partners.