Dallas Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on TNTIn Season

Pam

Would you like to see Pam return?

Daniel777C

[1]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 31

Thought I would start the obligatory Pam thread, since nobody has beaten me to the punch yet.The actress Victoria Principal has refused time and time again to return to the original show and has expressed disappointment that viewers were mislead after her exit scenes showed Pam getting into a pretty serious car accident, only for her character to be brought back played by a lookalike for a second exit leaving the door open for Pam to return - something Victoria Principal never intended to do. However, many, many years have passed and rumor has it the producers of the new "Dallas" are desperate to get Victoria back on the show and she hasn't exactly turned them down yet - so what do you think?

Personally, I would like to see Pam again. Let's say she was in a coma for 25 years, it's easy enough to explain away. She could certainly cause some trouble for Bobby and Ann's marriage and it would be interesting to see, perhaps if we add Cliff's death into the mix, Pam inheriting Ewing Oil and reigniting the Barnes-Ewings war.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edie70

[2]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 19
    I am not that eager to see the lady. Couldn't care less.

NiallB31

[3]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 8

Having never seen the original series, I dont think they should bring back any more characters from the original for a while. The series is a continuation and older characters cant just pop up every now and again. The 3 we have are perfect for the moment and if they keep bringing back older characters, the younger viewers (who have not seen the original series) will be lost if they are referencing the original series and will probably tune out as they dont know what happened back in the original series.

Daniel777C

[4]Jul 3, 2012

I understand what you mean, at first I thought it was wise to keep it light on the old characters in order to appeal to a younger audience but after doing some retrospective research on the original, I found it remarkable just how big the original "Dallas" was - not just in the US but worldwide. Perhaps bringing back more old characters would indeed turn away new viewers, but I think it has the potential to bring back just as many older ones.

In regards to Pam, it's a bit of a win-win really. A lot of original viewers have been pining for her return ever since she left, while on the other hand her return could easily be digested by new viewers - it's Bobby's first wife and Christopher's adoptive mother whose disappearance wasn't properly explained in the original show anyway. Sure she has somewhat of a legacy behind her, what with being the original main character, but I don't think it would put new viewers off. Bringing back someone like Donna Culver or April Stevens or even Priscilla Presley, on the other hand, could make some people's brains explode.

Edited on 07/03/2012 3:56pm

wildhoney66

[5]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 13

i put i don't care either way ONLY cause i really higly doubt she'll ever return to the show. but if she did choose to i'd love to see it. at least to finish the Pam storyline from the original show.

radrobd

[6]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 54
    Yes, they should bring back Pam, even if for only one episode. I understand Victoria Principal may not want to return as a series regular, but I think she might agree to guest star in one episode, if the story was written right. The original did a terrible disservice to the character of Pam and fans by not resolving that story. I agree that a years-long coma would be the most likely solution. It would be interesting to see Pam interact with Bobby, Chris and Cliff, not to mention ol' J.R.'s reaction, and possibly be a testing point for Bobby and Ann's marriage (although technically Bobby and Pam are divorced).

DanFixx

[7]Aug 19, 2012
    • level: 14

For Christopherthe coming birth of the twins could be a good time to ask quentions about his own beginnings. In his search he could even stumble on Pam [Ewing], still alive! She will be the aunt of those twins!

Yes, bring her back. But not as a regular. A couple of episodes should be enough to clean up that old mess in an interesting and classy way.

no1thinker

[8]Aug 26, 2012

For all of those who are wishing for Pam to return to Dallas, this article states that it's not going to happen.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/ken-kercheval-rules-out-dallas-return-for-victoria-principal_1396587

Edited on 08/26/2012 8:43am

DanFixx

[10]Aug 29, 2012

It doesn't say Pam could not return. It only states Victoria Principal is not interested.

It is known that Pam had plastic surgery done after a very dramatic car-oil tanker accident. The role was recast for a couple of episodes before the character left Dallas definitely.

The fate of Pam Ewing is still an open question, begging to be answered.

Daniel777C

[11]Aug 29, 2012
    A part of me is glad she hasn't returned yet. The show has so much to explore with the new characters and bringing back Pam would only disturb the fresh make up of the show. But I still think it would be cool to see Victoria Principal again, even if Pam's just laying in a coma being kept alive by Cliff. The writers need to reveal what happened to her, they owe us that much.

DanFixx

[12]Aug 30, 2012

Yes, I totally agree. There should be no hurry as 'Pam-Victoria-?' is a delicate matter for many reasons.

But closure must be given. And no, a gravestone would not satisfy me.

Yaspaa

[13]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 79
    Pam turns up in the last episode, where Dallas 2012 all turns out to be a dream lol.

Edie70

[14]Jan 21, 2013
    Is she coming back for J.R.'s funeral?

Daniel777C

[15]Jan 23, 2013
    Edie70 wrote:
    Is she coming back for J.R.'s funeral?

I don't think so. It would be the most outrageous time for her to show up, unless J.R. has personally kept her locked up in a basement all these years.

sshan39

[16]Jan 25, 2013
    • level: 7

I would love to see her back. It would be a good story with christopher and Bobby and Cliff.

Coffeegulper

[17]Feb 8, 2013
    • level: 1

When last seen, Pam was played by actress Margaret Michaels, but shown mostly in shadows. Cliff had tracked her down, thanks to a tip from Jordan Lee, but Pam turned Cliff away. She also made Cliff swear that Bobby would never know he'd found her.
    But after Cliff left, we learned that not only had Pam fallen in love with her plastic surgeon.....but that she only had a few months left to live, which is why she wanted to spare Bobby the pain.

Therefore, I can't understand why some of the people here are wondering why there was no 'closure' when actually there was.

Daniel777C

[18]Feb 8, 2013
    Coffeegulper wrote:

When last seen, Pam was played by actress Margaret Michaels, but shown mostly in shadows. Cliff had tracked her down, thanks to a tip from Jordan Lee, but Pam turned Cliff away. She also made Cliff swear that Bobby would never know he'd found her.
    But after Cliff left, we learned that not only had Pam fallen in love with her plastic surgeon.....but that she only had a few months left to live, which is why she wanted to spare Bobby the pain.

Therefore, I can't understand why some of the people here are wondering why there was no 'closure' when actually there was.

Seriously? You can't understand why people don't accept that Pam abandoned the love of her life and only child because she looked a little different and an actress behind some shadows fell in love with her plastic surgeon (which she didn't by the way, it was only a cover) and had months to live from an unkown illness and was barely mentioned again, never left a will or a gravestone for her family to remember her by, letting them believe she just didn't love them enough to stick around - which is a pretty nasty and scarring thing to do to someone. Sorry, no, that does not qualify as closure for the average viewer and is unfathomably out of character for Pam. They either need to show her gravestone or bring her back explaining what horrible thing kept her away all these years, or even have her stuck in a coma - which would explain Cliff's reignited hatred for the Ewings. For such a major and memorable character, it's unbelievable that after all these years we still don't know for sure whether she is alive or dead - and for the people closest to her to appear to know even less than us.

DanFixx

[19]Feb 14, 2013

Absolutely right! This answer/commentary sums up what most fans wish:Clarity and if possibly a solid, wildly twisting story to go with it.

snake63

[20]Feb 26, 2013
    • level: 20

Pam Ewing is dead now. When Bobby was looking for her she told Bobby that she was not Pam Ewing to spare him and Christopher that she was dying.