Dallas Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on TNTBetween Seasons

Plotholes

mstheresa1969

[1]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 36

I like the new Dallas. However, there are several inconsistencies with the original series:

1: In episode 2, John Ross talks about being the "first born Ewing grandson." However, he has an older half brother, James Beaumont.

2. There is no mention that Christopher and John Ross are still cousins by blood as Christopher's biological mother was Sue Ellen's sister.

3. In the original series, not only did Cliff call a truce in the Barnes/Ewing feud, but he and Bobby had become friends.

4. The only known daughter Cliff has is Pamela Rebecca Cooper (the daughter he had with Afton) and she and Christopher were involved in the

first Dallas reunion movie.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Daniel777C

[2]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 31
    1. Good point.

2. What possible reason would anyone have to mention that? It was barely acknowledged on the original Dallas.

3. Hopefully there is more backstory as to what happened in the last 20 years that changed his mind.

4. The reunion movies don't count, as Cliff still owns Ewing Oil.

tap64

[3]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 1

My memory was that Pam couldnt have kids because of a family medical issuse and Cliff was the same . When did he (cliff) have this baby

mstheresa1969

[4]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 36
    they both could have kids, but were carriers to a genetic marker that could cause the child to die before their first birthday. I agree with you about the second point Daniel.