Dalziel and Pascoe

BBC (ended 2007)

TheOldBill

Dalziel and Pascoe Fan Reviews (7)

7.9
  • Finally a show that has a likable main female character. Dalziel and Pascoe is smart, cunning, and a little trickster. You never know what she is going to do next. Unlike The characters she does not get everything she wants and then whines about.

Finally a show that has a likable main female character. Dalziel and Pascoe is smart, cunning, and a little trickster. You never know what she is going to do next. Unlike The characters she does not get everything she wants and then whines about. Unlike the Vampire she isn’t blessed with special powers and does nothing but complain about them. SHOW powers are her brains and wit. She works for what she wants. Though I think wanting he is wrong because even though he is cute he is also pretty dull. he would be a much better match for her.
  • Although this show has highly likeable characters I always find it a bit hard to keep up.

Although this show has highly likeable characters I always find it hard to keep up. There is a lot of jumping in every episode, with the exception of a select few, and brand new evidence seem to emerge from out of the blue. Each night I watch it and for the first fifty minutes I sit there going "Hang on. Where did he come from" and "Who was he again?". Only in the last 10 minutes or so, when they are rapping it up, do I usually understand everyhting, and by then they have killed off most of the guest stars. I especially liked the episode 'Heads you lose' where Peter almost found love again, but was terribly dissapointed when they killed his almost-love-again, Shannon Hayes played by Kirsty Mitchell, off. Although I complain about it a lot I never miss an episode because the story line and script in general is pretty good even if they need to fine tune a few bits.
  • In the first part of \"The Glory Days\", a Spanish footballer called Torres claims he wishes to return to Athletic Bilbao. No-one called Torres can play for Athletic - you have to be Basque and Torres is not a Basque name. .

5.9
    In the first part of \"The Glory Days\", a Spanish footballer called Torres claims he wishes to return to Athletic Bilbao. No-one called Torres can play for Athletic - you have to be Basque and Torres is not a Basque name. Unless of course he is the villain and this will all be explained in the second part.
  • colin does it for me, have recently watched down to earth with warren clarke, excellent !

i am new to this, and a great fan of dalziel and pascoe, the characters do gel well together, and the series has made glued to the tv pity the bbc havent yet put the programme on dvd or video this would be a must for all fans, long may it reign!
  • Never a disappointment ...

I watched Dalziel and Pascoe with anticipation and was not disappointed. Like many previously released crime dramas from the BBC, D & P provided the audience with a balance of suspense, horror, intensity and humour. The chemistry between the characters was neatly and efficiently inter-woven within the plot and offered a taster for the potential high-standard drama that this series may offer."
  • Warren Clark does it for me every time he is on screen as Dalziel..........

He is sooooooooo sexy! and makes a convinencing person because he is not perfect! He can be very rude and rides over peoples feeling sometime. Despite that he has a good relationship with Peter and they gel together well. I love it when they call him the \'fat man\'. I did not like the episodes when Peter\'s marriage broke up and his wife Ellie took their daughter to live in America - that was so sad.
    All in all a very good show. I love it.
  • Not to be missed!!

This is one of the best british crime shows around(in my opinion). It has all the elements one could want murder, mystery, intrigue and some of the greatest one liners delivered by the fat man himself Andy Dalziel. Warren Clarke as Andy is marvellous. His side kick Peter Pascoe(Colin Buchanan) brings the professional Andy needs to get the crimes solved legally and the luminous character of Edger Wield aka Wieldly(David Royle) makes for a great third wheel. This is the sort of program(should you get the opportunity) that will have you glued to the screen for the whole 120 minutes and eagerly awaiting the next episode.