Damages

A Regular Earl Anthony

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Aug 21, 2007 on DirecTV

• Another below-average episode of damages. They don't seem to live up to the high expectations set up by pilot ep. The show's turning from a thriller to a complete drama. Tom weighs up his options; Ellen and David has a setback while lawyers team up again.

The thing is it seems like i care more about the 5 mins of Ellen's investigation than the other 35, and this isn't supposed to happen. They had a great pilot with surprises and thrilling storyline in such a fast pace. But all of them seemed to fade away on the next ep and never came back since.

In this episode, the show seemed more like a drama with nothing happened in it. Tom is a center of this episode, with offers flying in to make him think what he really wants to do with his life.

Ellen and David got into the first step of calling off their engagement when their priorities didn't seem to match. Gregory Molina, whom Ellen finally found out about, got a shut up warning in a hard way.

In the end, Tom decided what he wants and teamed up again with Patty and Ellen.
  • Patty continues to chase Arthur. Tom considers a deal where he could be a partner at another firm. Ellen and her fiance have their first fight. Katie gets a visit from her brother, and Greg gets warned to keep his mouth shut about the case.

so we learn a bit more about Patty in this episode. i'm referring to the conversation between her and Tom about what happened with her father when she was younger. i'm guessing she was abused...or maybe she just had to go through hell to live up to her father's standards. either way, we find out it took a toll on her. we don't hear anything of Patty's son this episode. Katie is staying with her parents, and tells her brother the truth about everything when he goes to visit her. (though we've heard about 2 or 3 different versions of the truth from her so far). he comes back and tells Ellen, who in turn runs back to patty to relay the message...Meanwhile, Patty signs a contract of Tom's and welcomes him back to work for her, but refuses to make him partner still. the sure drag out parts of the show, like Ellen in the precinct. we saw a little bit more this episode about her explaining what happened, but so far all we know is that she said someone tried to kill her. i hope they do a bit more different with that because i'm getting bored of it. i fear some of the viewers may be with me when i say it's getting a bit monotonous.
  • Tom evaluates his options

Probably the weakest episode so far, but we get the information that Ellen was attacked in Patty's apartment. I don't know why, but I am starting to get the crazy feeling that Patty is somehow in cahoots with Frobisher, and is intentionally tanking the trial.

I have no idea why I think this way, probably because "trust no one" seems to be the common thread throughout the show. Very interesting, though.

Watch, we will come to find out that Frobisher and Hewes were romantically involved, and her son is their son. Very far-fetched, I know, but so is the show. I guess we will have to wait and find out.